“If you don’t have a plan to feed your family in an emergency…who will?” This quote from the Storehouse Foods website really gets you thinking, especially with today’s economy.
I had the opportunity to taste and review Storehouse Foods gluten-free ready made meals. I have to tell you that they are great product! I found myself reaching for them in the cupboards, especially on a night when I wanted a good, hot meal but didn’t want to spend all night cooking. I think I even fooled my hubby a night or two. 🙂 We really enjoyed these great, gluten-free meals. I found that you can eat them by themselves OR use them as a great base to create a semi-homemade meal. These are the meals I got to try:
Texas BBQ chicken
Potatoes and cheddar with chives
Sante Fe black beans and rice
Cream of Potato and Broccoli Soup
**My Chicken, potato and broccoli soup made from the Storehouse Foods GF products
1 bag Storehouse Foods Cream of Potato and Broccoli Soup
2 c. gluten-free, organic chicken broth
1 bag Storehouse Foods gluten-free mashed potatoes
Real Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp. parsley
1 free-range, organic chicken breast cooked and shredded
*Prepare Storehouse foods Cream of Potato and Broccoli Soup according to directions. Add remaining ingredients and cook until hot. Enjoy!
I wanted to share with you the values and goals this great company has. I couldn’t paraphrase this well enough to get across the product quality and value so I have included these things directly from the website.
~Our company goal is to bring awareness to consumers of the options that are available comes to planning to feed your family in an emergency. Our message is clear and simple. “Knowing that you are prepared brings peace of mind in any emergency situation”.
~We are on a mission. To make the highest quality storable foods available to everyone regardless of budget. Individual products and entire Family Food Systems that are balanced, nutritious, delicious, easy to understand and simple to prepare.
~StoreHouse Foods distributes only the most trusted and respected brands of storable foods in the industry. We offer delicious gourmet meals with generous portion sizes. The majority of our ingredients are organic, we offer hormone-free beef as well as vegetarian and gluten-free selections.
I would love to give all of you the opportunity to win a $25.00 gift card to Storehouse Foods. They are currently offering free shipping on orders over $50.00 so you can get even more yummy food!!!
HERE’S HOW TO ENTER:
1. (Mandatory) Become a follower on glutenfreefrenzy.com. Leave a comment if you are already a follower, saying that you are. Make sure to grab our button in the top left corner (beneath the big welcome picture) of this site and place it on your blog or website.
2. Visit Storehouse Foods website and tell me something else on their website that sounds yummy to you.
3. Follow Storehouse Foods on Twitter.
4. Post about this giveaway on your blog, Facebook, Twitter OR website with a link back to www.glutenfreefrenzy.com. Be sure to leave the link to your post in your comment. (This counts as 3 entries so be sure to leave 3 comments for this one.)
5. Subscribe to glutenfreefrenzy.com by e-mail. (On the right hand side under followers.)
***Giveaway ends Monday December 7, 2009 at 2:30 PM (MST) Sorry, this giveaway is available to U.S. residents only. No P.O. Boxes.
Some other fun things…
– If you Tweet about this StoreHouse Foods Giveaway AND follow Storehouse Foods on Twitter you will receive 20% off of your entire order from Storehouse Foods website!!! You will use coupon code TWEET20 at checkout.
“Where you’ll find high quality, freeze-dried food systems with options for budgets of all sizes and expert advice on emergency preparedness.”