Since starting Whole30 (one week ago), I feel fantastic! I love the fresh approach to eating that it provides. Since the plan doesn’t include grains, I got creative with the ingredients in these gluten-free crab cakes so that they both taste fantastic and hold up. I used red peppers and celery as well as lime juice because they were what I had. Feel free to venture out of your comfort zone and try chopping up any vegetables you like to make your gluten-free crab cakes unique.
Gluten-Free Crab Cakes
- Gluten-Free Crab Cakes
- 1 can Crown Prince wild caught crab
- 2 T. homemade Whole30 mayo or Primal Mayo
- 1/4 C chopped raw veggies (I used celery and red pepper)
- 2 T almond flour, plus more for dusting
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1/2 tsp. Real Salt
- 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1 T dried parsley
- coconut oil for frying
- Drain the crab and flake it using a fork.
- Add all ingredients and form into patties.
- Add additional almond flour as needed to keep your patties together.
- Dust both sides of the crab cakes with more almond flour and fry 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Enjoy with more fresh squeezed citrus juice and a vibrant salad.
- We also love serving this island meal with coconut oil fried banana slices...yum!