I love making this lemon ginger cookie salad for gatherings because it is easy and a huge crowd pleaser. Lemon ginger cookie salad is a refreshing dip that is perfect for a Spring or Summer picnic.
I just had to create this lemon ginger cookie salad because as a kid, my mom used to make something very similar and I loved it! Hers had chocolate chip cookies which was delicious. However, I wanted to make this one a tad bit more sophisticated so decided to go with a lemon ginger flavor. I knew that the best way to do that was with my absolute favorite shortbread cookies in the world, Walkers Shortbread.
Walkers Shortbread offers a variety of traditional shortbread as well as a fantastic line of gluten-free shortbreads. They are so authentic and nobody would ever know they are gluten-free! Classic butter shortbread, chocolate chip and lemon ginger are their three gluten-free varieties. I used the lemon ginger both in the dip and as the dippers.
My favorite part about this lemon ginger cookie salad is that it takes only minutes to make. It is fluffy and fresh making it perfect for Spring and Summer picnics especially.
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 C powdered sugar
- 1 C heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 C shredded coconut
- 1 T pure lemon juice
- 1 package of gluten-free lemon ginger shortbread cookies (plus another package for dippers)
- In a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar then set aside
- In another bowl, beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form
- Add back in the cream cheese mixture along with the lemon juice and coconut to the whipped cream
- Mix until just combined
- Fold in crushed package of lemon ginger shortbread cookies
- Place into your serving bowl and surround with more lemon ginger shortbread cookies and sliced fruit for dipping
While the lemon and ginger create a more sophisticated flavor, I assure you that the kids will also love it.