These walking thai tacos are a fun take on traditional walking tacos.Yum! These walking Thai tacos explode with ethnic flavors like sriracha, basil and lime. They are great for feeding a crowd and top 8 allergen-free too.
I just love these walking Thai tacos because they are easy and so full of flavor! The clean up is a snap and everyone can customize their own bag just the way they like it.
I remember a few years back when all the walking taco rage started. People were using mini size corn chip bags and loading them with their favorite taco mix-ins like ground beef, lettuce, cheese, ranch and salsa. I was a huge fan right way because as the mama of our house, I knew it would mean very little clean up…woohoo!I wanted to show a different take on this fun new idea with big, bold flavors from other countries. Thai food is some of my favorite! I love pickled ginger, limes and Thai basil so much that I could probably eat it almost every single day.
When one of the brands, Enjoy Life Foods, that we really enjoy came out with their new flavors of Plentils, I knew it was the perfect time to create this recipe. The concept is the same as traditional walking tacos but these walking Thai tacos will have your taste buds dancing the night away. If you enjoy protein, you can totally add in some chicken or seasoned white fish as well.
- 4 Thai Chili Lime Plentils mini bags
- 1 C coleslaw mix (cabbage, carrots, etc.)
- 1 C bean sprouts
- 1 handful thai basil
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- pickled ginger as needed
- sriracha as needed
- 2 T SunButter
- 1 tsp. pickled ginger juice
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/8 tsp. powdered ginger
- To make the no-peanut sauce, whisk together the SunButter, pickled ginger juice, crushed red pepper and powdered ginger until smooth
- On a big charcuterie (or some sort of cutting) board, place all the ingredients for building your walking Thai tacos (lime wedges, coleslaw mix, bean sprouts, Thai basil, pickled ginger and sriracha)
- Place individual Thai Plentils bags on the table next to the toppings
- To build, just open the Plentils bags and fill with your favorite toppings (don't forget the yummy SunButter Thai sauce!), shake and enjoy!
See, even little hands can build their walking Thai tacos just the way they enjoy. It’s easy and let’s face it, it’s kind of a fun dinner too. Kids like to be involved and get their hands a bit dirty, this let’s them do both.
*Thanks to Enjoy Life Foods for sponsoring this post.