This bear day turned out so stinking cute I couldn’t stop snapping photos! Seeing the pure joy on my little ones faces as they shared berries and peanut butter honey sandwiches with their favorite bears was almost too much for my mama heart. Seriously, I got like four times as many photos than are here. This bear day might just have to be a new summer tradition for us. Every summer we like to create our summer checklist of fun things to do. You can get a free printable to make your own HERE. This year, we decided to do add “bear day” to our list of activities. We also did Christmas in July, Pokemon camp and some other themed days because they give me a base for activities. These are definitely not something we do every day. In fact, we only do a couple each summer because they are meant to be their special summer activities. They are really worth it though because they are unforgettable memories.
So, how can you host your own bear day? Let me share a list of fun things to do on your very own bear day…
Bear Day Ideas:
- Set up a picnic with peanut butter and honey sandwiches (bears love honey you know…)
- Pick fresh berries at a farm, be sure to take you bears along!
- Take special pictures of each child with their special bears
- Make porridge and top it with your fresh berries (this paleo fauxtmeal is so yummy!)
- Read your favorite bear books. Our favorite is definitely Jamberry.
- Give your bears a dry bath with loofas, bubbles and a washcloth
- Color a bear picture
Do you have some other ideas for bear day? Please share in the comments so we can add them into this post. Really, you can make this work with any stuffed animal that your kids love. Maybe instead of bear day, you do puppy or cat day and come up with some cat focused activities. However you choose to make it your own, it will be such a fun memory for years to come.