Our chicken cordon bleu pot pie is creamy and delicious on the inside with a tender flaky crust. Carrot rosettes give a fun touch making it perfect for Easter dinner.
This chicken cordon bleu pot pie dinner is sure to please both adults and kids alike. Finally a meal everyone will love right?
Growing up, my mom used to make the most mouth watering chicken cordon bleu. It was done with chicken breasts, ham and swiss slices and a creamy sauce I can’t seem to forget… Have I mentioned how much I love food? Even as a kid, food was a huge part of my memories.
In addition to chicken cordon bleu, I also loved chicken pot pie. I knew I wanted to combine these two decadent dinners into one unforgettable dish. With the help of Glutino’s flaky, buttery crust that can be made in minutes, we were able to do just that. I love one dish dinners where your protein, fat and carbs are all together. It just makes dinner so much easier when you can serve it up with a small salad. My life is busy so keeping things simple is what I am all about. The thing is though, it also needs to be family friendly and delicious enough that the kiddos want to eat it too. Something like these crockpot Polynesian pulled pork tacos or shredded beef crockpot taco soup.
- 1/2 box Glutino gluten-free pie crust
- 7 T butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vinegar
- 1 C cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/2 C diced ham
- 1/2 C diced swiss cheese
- 12 oz. gluten-free cream of chicken soup
- 12 oz. sour cream
- 3 T melted butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 large carrots
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine 7 T melted butter, 1 egg, 2 tsp. vinegar and 1/2 box Glutino pie crust
- In a bowl, combine chicken, ham, cheese, cream of chicken, sour cream, 3 T melted butter, salt & pepper
- Pour over pie crust
- Next, peel the outside of the carrots and cut ends then discard
- Using a mandolin slicer, slice the carrots long ways, thin
- Microwave the carrots for 2 minutes or until soft and pliable
- Roll the carrots from one end to the other to make a rosette, repeat until done
- Place rosettes into the top of the chicken cordon bleu pot pie and brush tops of carrot rosettes with olive oil
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes