These chocolate piñata breakfast muffins are perfect for breakfast or snack. They are decadent, rich & oh so delicious.These soft chocolate piñata breakfast muffins come with a sweet, crunchy surprise inside.
The past few weeks, my kids have been bored with breakfast. I knew I just had to create these chocolate piñata breakfast muffins in order to create some excitement with the most important meal of the day. They are gluten-free, delicious and filled with a surprise crunchy center. Plus, they are make breakfast fun again!
The muffin is a lightly sweetened and decadently rich with cocoa. Truly a great way to start the day right? The best part is that in the middle of these soft chocolate piñata muffins are a crunchy filled center. Talk about an exciting way to start the day! Since chocolate and coconut go so well together, we filled the chocolate muffins with Bakery on Main’s NEW coconut cacao Bunches of Crunches.
To create a “frosting” on these breakfast muffins, we simply spooned coconut greek yogurt over the top. Coconut chips are the perfect breakfast “sprinkles” too.
Bakery On Main’s NEW Bunches of Crunches is a unique chocolate superfood “GRAIN-ola”. It is made with oaten clusters loaded with superfoods such as chia seeds and cacao. They also include ancient grains such as amaranth and millet with 10g whole grains per serving.
Whether you stuff muffins with them or snack from them right out of the bag, you will love the flavor and nice crunchy texture. These Bunches of Crunches are even delicious simply in a bowl of milk or dairy-free milk alternative.
Need an EASY and delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert?
Take a look at my Sheet Pan Meals and More!
Chocolate Piñata Breakfast Muffins
- 1/3 C almond flour
- 1/2 C brown rice flour
- 1/4 C sorghum flour
- 2 T coconut flour
- 1/2 C potato starch
- 1/2 C tapioca starch
- 3 T cocoa
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 C brown sugar
- 2 T butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. gluten-free vanilla
- 2 C coconut yogurt or dairy-free yogurt alternative, divided
- 1 C whole milk or 1 C full fat coconut milk
- 1-2 C Bakery on Main coconut cacoa Bunches of Crunches
- 1 C coconut chips
- Cream together the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add 1 C yogurt and milk.
- In another bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients slowly to the wet ingredients then mix well.
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Spoon batter 2/3 full into greased muffin cups.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- Once the muffins are completely cooled, cut out the center of each (make sure not to go all the way to the bottom).
- Fill with Bakery on Main Bunches of Crunches then replace the top part that you cut out (you may need to remove a bit of the under side of the top you cut out)
- Spoon coconut greek yogurt over the top of each muffin and sprinkle with coconut chips.