Don’t think you can enjoy chocolate dipped pumpkin spice donuts if you are dairy-free? Yes you can!
You can have donuts in minutes that are both dairy-free, gluten-free and so delicious that nobody would ever know.
It is truly the season for pumpkin spice everything! We are having a blast baking up a storm in the kitchen with our favorite fall flavors. The rich scent of chocolate is the perfect accompaniment too.
As you can see, little hands literally can’t get enough of these scrumptious chocolate dipped pumpkin spice donuts. Kids aren’t the only ones who will love them, adults will too.
Since our regular pumpkin spice donuts were such a hit, we decided to provide a dairy-free option and even take it up a notch with rich, melted chocolate. Making them dairy-free was simple thanks to the creamy pumpkin puree, rich coconut milk and dairy-free Enjoy Life Foods chocolate chips.
My favorite thing about them is that they can be made in a matter of minutes. You can make them in a donut pan in the oven but I highly recommend the $10 investment for a mini donut maker. We love using ours for mini donuts all year long. At Halloween, we top the chocolate dipped pumpkin spice donuts with green sprinkles. We then cut black and white striped straws to make witches legs and stick them in. Lastly, we glue on these tiny, cute little witches shoes from Pen n’ Paper Flowers. Remember, she was the one who made our gorgeous pretzel bar sign? These little shoe printables complete our melted witch Halloween donuts. We love to gobble these little donuts up with warm wassail or cold apple cider. They also go great with chocolate herbal tea.
- 2 C gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Real Salt
- 1 1/2 C pumpkin puree
- 1 1/4 C full fat, canned coconut milk (divided)
- 1/4 C dairy-free butter, softened
- 1 bag (10 oz.) Enjoy Life Foods dairy-free mini chips
- Preheat your mini donut maker. If using an oven, set it at 325°.
- Combine everything (reserving 1 C coconut milk) and mix well.
- Pour into donut maker 2/3 of the way full and cook 3-4 minutes, Donuts will be springy to the touch.
- In an oven, pour batter into your donut pan 2/3 full and cook 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine 1 C coconut milk and bag of dairy-free chocolate chips in a saucepan over low heat.
- Stir constantly until just melted and remove from heat.
- While donuts are cooled, dip the top of each into melted chocolate.
We are loving the new mini chips and morsels dairy-free chocolate snack packs from Enjoy Life Foods. They make snacking on the go so easy! I like to mix them with some sunflower seeds and dried fruit for a tasty little snack. They are also great with their mini cookies.
*This is a sponsored post by Enjoy Life Foods. I was provided with monetary compensation and products. Opinions are all my own and truly reflective of how we feel about these products. We love Enjoy Life Foods brand and use their products often.