These chunky monkey granola bar treats are full of your favorite flavors like peanut butter, chocolate and banana.For a fun summer treat that is cool and delicious, these chunky monkey granola bar treats are an easy solution.
My family loves these chunky monkey granola bar treats! They are an easy semi-homemade treat that can be made in minutes. With Bakery on Main’s peanut butter and chocolate 4.4.8 bars, they really can be made quick. The best part is that the 4.4.8 bars contain 4 grams of fiber, 4 grams of protein and only 8 grams of sugar. They make for the perfect canvas to build upon.
When the kids are home from school in the summer, they like to get in the kitchen with me. It’s so hot here though that baking is often out of the question. I love coming up with fun treats that they can help me make. These chunky monkey granola bar treats are great for little hands in the kitchen. Plus, the end product is something they are sure to love.Print
- 6 Bakery on Main Peanut Butter & Chocolate 4.4.8 granola bars
- 1 banana
- 6 tsp. creamy peanut butter
- 1 C milk chocolate chips
- 1 T whole cream or coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp. gluten-free coconut extract
- Optional: 1/4 C toasted coconut
- Slice tall six of the Bakery on Main Peanut Butter & Chocolate 4.4.8 granola bars into half
- Slice the banana into 1/4 in slices
- Make 6 chunky monkey granola bar treats by smearing 1 tsp. peanut butter on one half of a granola bar
- Add some banana slices then top it with another half piece of granola bar
- Meanwhile, heat the chocolate chips, coconut extract and coconut milk or whole cream in the microwave for 45 seconds
- If you are using the toasted coconut, add it to the chocolate once it has warmed
- Individually dip the prepared treats into chocolate until covered
- Place on a silicone baking mat or wax paper lined baking sheet then freeze 20-25 minutes
- Enjoy cold on a hot summer day!
Get creative with your own bars and add in some other sliced fruits that you like. You can easily sandwich them between the two granola bar halves. You could even use almond butter in stead of peanut butter. If you are like me and love strawberry freezer jam, then you may want to add some of that as well.
Need some more semi-homemade treats to make as a family? Why not give our granola bar fried ice cream with creme anglaise.
*Thanks to Bakery on Main for sponsoring this post. I was provided with product and monetary compensation. All opinions are my own.