I love making this crab stack with blood orange vinaigrette because it is fresh and flavorful. This crab stack with blood orange vinaigrette is a great summer meal that can be made in minutes.
Summer salads are my go-to when the weather starts to get warm. This crab stack with blood orange vinaigrette is a nice change to the typical green salad.
Growing up, my mom would make the most gorgeous salads for us. They were loaded high with fantastic ingredients that brought the vegetables to life. I channeled her putting this recipe together. She had great taste and I knew she would love this one. While it looks very classy and pretty in a stack like this, I promise that it is easy to make. The thing with salads is that they can sometimes leave you feeling like you need more, especially protein. Since crab is the highlight of this meal, you will get plenty of clean protein. I know that crab is more of a treat since it can be pricey, but once in a while, you have just got to treat yourself. Am I right?
One of my other favorite things is a cold drink on a hot day. One of my all time favorite drinks are Dry Sparkling sodas. They come in so many flavors including my personal favorites, lavender and juniper. I love the freshness of their blood orange beverage especially in the summer though. The best part is that you can use them to infuse dishes and take them to the next level. That’s exactly what we did here when we added it to both the crab meat as a marinate and in the vinaigrette.
Need an EASY and delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert?
Take a look at my Sheet Pan Meals and More!
Crab Stack with Blood Orange Vinaigrette
- 1 C lump crab meat
- 1 yellow pepper diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 cucumber diced
- 1 C fresh micro greens we like arugula
- 1 blood orange
- 1 bottle blood orange Dry Sparkling soda
- 1/4 C extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 T gluten-free dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 T gluten-free vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. garlic gloves diced
- To prepare the vinaigrette, combine 1/4 C blood orange Dry Sparkling water, 1 tsp. fresh blood orange juice, extra virgin olive oil, dijon mustard, salt, pepper, 1 T vinegar and garlic cloves then whisk until well combined
- Divide the peppers, micro greens and cucumber into 4
- Place a 3-4" cylinder cookie cutter on one of your individual serving plates
- Layer 1/4 of the micro greens followed by the red peppers, yellow peppers then cucumbers
- Top with 1/4 C lump crab meat
- Gently remove cylinder keeping everything in tact
- Repeat three more times so that you have four crab stacks
- Drizzle each with blood orange vinaigrette and top with tiny cut pieces of blood orange