Our crockpot Polynesian pulled pork tacos are sweet and a bit spicy with minimal effort on your part. If you want something special for dinner, then be sure to give these crockpot Polynesian pulled pork tacos a try.
These crockpot Polynesian pulled pork tacos with pickled ginger and chipotle mango mayo are authentic and delicious. They are also gluten-free and couldn’t be an easier dinner thanks to crockpot cooking. If you are like me, then you love a good meal that requires minimal effort. This pork is fork tender because of a low and slow cook.
These tacos are extra tasty thanks to the perfect combination of sweet brown sugar, fruity mango and spicy chipotle which merry so well. The addition of pickled ginger and creamy chipotle mango mayo truly completes these tacos. We couldn’t help but had add this tart carrot slaw. When coming up with the recipe for these tacos, Rojo’s salsa really came in handy. They have a great selection of salsas that are traced back to a secret family tradition from Mexico. The recipe was brought to the US in the 1960’s. Each is so flavorful and authentic including the chipotle mango salsa that worked perfectly in our crockpot Polynesian pulled pork tacos. Some of the other varieties they have include the following. All are fresh and definitely delicious.
- Organic traditional salsa
- Fresh cut homestyle
- Tomatillo avocado
Crockpot Polynesian Pulled Pork Tacos with Pickled Ginger & Chipotle Mango Mayo
- Dry Rub: 1 tsp. paprika, 1/2 tsp. cayenne, 1/2 tsp. Real Salt, 1/2 tsp. Real Garlic Salt, 1/2 tsp. Real Onion Salt, 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 5-6 pound natural pork shoulder roast
- 1 small can crushed pineapple, reserve juice
- 1/3 C organic brown sugar
- 1 C chipotle mango Rojo's salsa
- 2 Tbs. gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 C shredded carrots
- 1 T lime juice
- 3 T fresh cilantro, chopped
- Pickled ginger
- 1/3 C mayo
- 1/3 C chipotle mango Rojo's salsa
- Combine all ingredients for dry rub
- Massage spices into non-frozen meat
- Place in crock pot and top with pineapple
- In another bowl, mix pineapple juice and remaining ingredients to make a sauce, reserve for later
- Cook on low 6 hrs. then pour sauce over the meat and cook on low 2 more hours
- Shred meat with two forks
- In a separate bowl, combine the mayo and 1/3 C chipotle mango Rojo's salsa
- In another bowl, combine shredded carrots with 1 T lime juice and a dash of salt then let rest for 5 minutes before serving
- Place meat in warm corn tortillas and top with carrot slaw, pickled ginger and a dollop of chipotle mango mayo
In addition to their fantastic salsas, they also have two tasty bean dips. This 5 layer dip is classic and just a bit spicy with spiced pinto beans, mild salsa, creamy avocado spread, cool sour cream and shredded cheddar. Enjoy it with corn chips or spooned over beef or chicken tacos. I really liked the spicy black bean dip. It is an elevated bean dip with a great depth of flavor. For a vegetarian taco, just smooth a big scoop of this right over your corn tortillas. Easy peasy!
Our cute little puppy couldn’t even get enough. How stinkin’ cute is she? Well, next to that handsome man, it’s a bit tough to compare.
If you need a good side dish with our crockpot Polynesian pulled pork tacos, be sure to checkout these delicious guacamole stuffed tater tots. Be sure to head over to our friends at Rojo’s Salsa and see what else you would enjoy.
*Thank you to Rojo’s Salsa for sponsoring this post. I was provided with monetary compensation and/or products. Opinions are all my own and truly reflective of how we feel. I really did have to work hard to keep my family away from these delicious salsas long enough for me to create this recipe. We loved them!