Oh my you guys, these dairy-free ice cream fudge pops are going to be your new go-to dessert this summer when the weather heats up. I love making summer desserts that don’t require cooking. These dairy-free ice cream fudge pops make it easy.
These dairy-free ice cream fudge pops take only minutes to prepare and everyone will love them. Whether dairy-free or not, they are going to please all of your guests. During the summer months especially, coming up with desserts that don’t have you slaving away in the kitchen or heating up the house with the oven can be tough.
Having something on hand that is a bit semi-homemade can be helpful. While regular old popsicles are great, it’s also nice to get the kids in the kitchen with you to make something extra special. Coconut milk makes this dairy-free homemade fudge creamy and thick just like a traditional fudge sauce should be.
While you can use little balls of frozen dairy-free ice cream, I like using Incredible Foods Perfectly Free allergy-friendly frozen bites make this dessert extra easy. Simply make up the fudge in less than 5 minutes, poke a pop stick into the frozen bites and then dip each into the fudge. Freeze them for just a bit and bam, you are ready with a delicious summer treat!
The best part is that this recipe makes extra homemade fudge so you can keep it for other desserts or topping off a bowl of ice cream. Heck, you can even eat it straight by the spoonful like I did. Shhh…don’t tell anyone though.
- 1 box Perfectly Free allergy-friendly frozen bites (chocolate seems to work best)
- 1/4 C full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 C high-quality cocoa powder
- 1/3 C sugar
- 1/3 C brown sugar
- 2 T butter or butter alternative
- dash of sea salt
- Over medium heat, combine all ingredients expect the frozen bites
- Cook until butter melts then whisk
- Once the butter is melted, cook 2-3 more minutes while continuing to whisk
- Meanwhile, poke each Perfectly Free allergy-free frozen bite with a pop stick
- Dip them each individually into the homemade fudge then place on wax paper
- Freeze the batch for 15-20 minutes then serve
If you want to make these extra special for little ones, sprinkle them with chocolate or rainbow sprinkles just after dipping but before freezing. The kids will go crazy over these fun little frozen treats!
If you are looking for another fun frozen treat to make this summer, be sure to check out our blueberry heart smart smoothie bowl.
*Thank you to Perfectly Free for sponsoring this post.