I have been working hard this summer to do fun activities with my little ones. I can hardly believe that my oldest will be heading off to full day school this year (I am having such a hard time with this. 🙁 Is it just me?) and I just want to savor every moment of summer with he and his siblings. We decided to enlist some of our favorite brands in the fun and of course, we had to include Bob’s Red Mill. My four-year old loves the Pinkalicious series so we thought it would be fun to do a Pinkalicious day where we bought new books from the bookstore, read them then created a themed treat. We decided to make the classic Pinkalicious cupcakes a little more summer fun using ice cream cones. These ice cream cone cupcakes turned out so cute and my boys said they tasted fantastic! (I’m still doing Whole30 so this was a HUGE temptation for me. Seriously, the Bob’s Red Mill vanilla cake mix is my favorite!) The best part is that they are super easy to make and the kiddos love them.
Need an EASY and delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert?
Take a look at my Sheet Pan Meals and More!
Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- 1 pkg. Bob's Red Mill vanilla cake mix
- 18 gluten-free ice cream cones
- 18 natural dyed maraschino cherries
- Preheat the oven to the temperature directed on the cake mix.
- Fill 18 muffin cups with cupcake liners then prepare the cake mix as directed on the bag.
- Once prepared, fill the cupcake liners 2/3 full.
- Stick a cone half way down through the batter of each.
- Bake according to cake mix directions making sure there is at least 12 inches from the top of the ice cream cones to the top of the oven so they don't burn.
- If needed, halfway through the cooking process, straighten the cones back upright.
- After the cupcakes have completely cooled, remove the cupcakes and liners.
- Frost the ice cream cone cupcakes and enjoy!
Easy Raspberry Buttercream Frosting
- 1/2 C butter
- 3 C powdered sugar
- 1/3 box raspberry gelatin
- 3-5 T milk as needed to thin out frosting
Beat the butter, sugar and gelatin until light and fluffy. Add milk as needed to get desired texture.