Even those who don’t like drinking eggnog, will likely want to gobble this dessert right up.
These eggnog cheesecake cream delight is so delicious and full of traditional holiday flavors. It will help bring back nostalgic times of Christmas at grandmas. Plus, it’s gluten-free!
They have just enough eggnog flavor to feel reminiscent without being overpowering.
Tips for making the best eggnog cheesecake cream delight
- Use full-fat eggnog
- Use high quality gluten-free flour or a flour blend like Pamela’s Products artisan flour
- Grating fresh ground nutmeg will give these eggnog bars the most incredible flavor. It’s not necessary but for this recipe, and many others, I recommend it.
Ever since I was a little girl, I have loved eggnog. I personally enjoy the organic or homemade versions because they are less sweet.
That love was carried over in this eggnog cheesecake cream delight. I didn’t want to overpower the palate with just sweetness but rather let the warm flavors shine.
Since eggnog itself is pretty sweet, you really can limit the amount of other sweeteners in this dessert.
To create the perfect base and crust for this eggnog cheesecake cream delight, I used one of my favorite flour blends ever.
Her artisan flour blend with a 1 to 1 ratio exchange for wheat flour in recipes. The almond flour is paleo and a great flour to work with!
Give it a try in my friend Erin of Meaningful Eats almond flour sugar cookies.
Pamela’s Products makes the most incredible gluten-free products. In fact, hers were the first I loved after being diagnosed with celiac disease.
I continue to love them and use them often. In fact, my husband uses her baking and pancake mix nearly every Saturday (it’s either this mix or my mom’s buttermilk pancake mix from our cookbook, Gluten-Free on a Budget) to make our whole family gluten-free pancakes.
It’s a tradition he started after I was diagnosed and he has been doing it ever since…nearly 10 years now.
I have used her mix to make all sorts of delicious treats including our soft and chewy molasses cookies.
Recently, Pamela’s Products expanded their line to include delicious and crunch ready made holiday cookies and pasta dinners.
The cookies come in both buttery sugar and peppermint chocolate flavors. They are great on their own or fun for super quick decorating.
Now that schools only allow store bought treats, I love taking them for school parties too.
The pastas come in alfredo, Mac n cheese and spicy Mac n cheese. They also have plain pastas perfect for creating your own delicious meal.
We hope you like this eggnog cream delight dessert as much as we did!
Need an EASY and delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert?
Take a look at my Sheet Pan Meals and More!
Eggnog Cheesecake Cream Delight
- 2 C Pamela's Products gluten-free artisan flour or another high quality GF flour blend
- 1/4 C almond flour
- 1/3 C powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 10 T butter divided
- 1 egg
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tsp. gluten-free vanilla
- 4 1/2 C full-fat eggnog divided
- 2 T sugar
- 2 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 C heavy whipping cream
- 6 T cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground nutmeg
- *Be sure to make your pudding layer first so it has time to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a medium sauce pan combine 2 cups eggnog, 2 T butter and fresh ground nutmeg
- Heat until butter is melted and eggnog slightly scalded
- In another bowl, whisk together 4 egg yolks and 2 T sugar
- Slowly add this mixture to the hot mixture, whisking lightly
- Continue cooking for 10 to 15 minutes on a low heat until mixture starts to thicken a bit
- Mix 1 C eggnog and corn starch together
- Add to the hot eggnog mixture, whisking constantly
- Intermittently whisk as mixture continues to cook for the next 5 to 10 minutes
- When pudding has thickened, remove from heat
- Cover with plastic wrap to avoid skimming and place in refrigerator to cool while you are making the other layers
- To make the crust, combine 2 C gluten-free Pamela's Products artisan flour, 1/4 C almond flour, 1/3 C powdered sugar, baking powder and xanthan gum and mix well
- Cut in 1/2 (or 8 T) butter in small pieces
- Add the egg and vanilla and blend until everything is well combined
- Press the mixture into a 9 x 13 pan
- Bake for 15 minutes then remove from oven and let cool
- In your stand mixer or a large bowl, whip 1 1/2 C of heavy cream with 1/2 C eggnog and 1/4 C powdered sugar until stiff peaks form
- Remove one cup to use in the cream cheese layer
- Reserve the remainder to top the dessert
- In another bowl cut the cream cheese into small pieces
- Add 1/4 C powdered sugar a little at a time into the cream cheese while you mix
- When powdered sugar and cream cheese are blended smooth, fold in 1 cup of whipped cream
- Spread this layer on top of the cool crust
- Next spread the cooled eggnog pudding over the cream cheese layer and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 to 3 hours
- When you're ready to serve, top with reserved whip cream then sprinkle the whole thing with fresh nutmeg
*This post is sponsored by our friends at Pamela’s Products