It’s football season and that calls for delicious game day food. Since I don’t want to slave all day in the kitchen while everyone else is relaxing, I decided to keep it simple with some yummy football food: burgers, dip, brownies and cupcakes.
- For the burgers, simply shape your raw meat into footballs after seasoning them to your liking then toss them on the grill as normal. The only thing you will do differently, is add a few thin slices of cheese to make the “laces”.
- For the cupcakes, just whip up a batch of your favorite chocolate cake mix (we like Glutino gluten-free brand) as well as some chocolate buttercream frosting (1/2 C butter, 2 C powdered sugar, 1 tsp. gluten-free vanilla extract, 4 T cocoa powder and 1 T milk plus more as needed to reach your desired consistency all whipped together). Reserve a bit of frosting before adding the cocoa powder to make the laces. Pipe the chocolate frosting on prepared cupcakes and draw the laces on with reserved white buttercream frosting or melted white almond bark.
- For the brownies, prepare a box of your favorite gluten-free brownies (again, Glutino is always a hit) and add some of your favorite mix-ins. We like mini chocolate chips and nuts in ours. Bake as normal in a glass baking dish. Once cooked but not cooled, gently cut the brownies into football shapes right in the pan. Don’t remove them until cool. Draw laces on the brownies using white buttercream frosting (recipe above) or melted white almond bark.
Need an EASY and delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert?
Take a look at my Sheet Pan Meals and More!
Easy Football Dip [Gluten-Free]
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 C salsa
- 1 C cheese shredded
- 1 C sour cream
- Fresh diced tomatoes sliced olives, sliced jalepenos & diced onion (optional)
- Combine the salsa and refried beans. Place half the beans and salsa in a football shaped tray. Top with cheese, 3/4 C sour cream and any optional ingredients you choose to include. Top that with remaining bean & salsa mixture. Pipe on the laces using remaining sour cream. Enjoy with gluten-free tortilla chips (Glutino brand are great!).
- *Make sure to always check ingredients like bagged shredded cheese and sour cream for hidden gluten. Always buy gluten-free brands.
So are you ready to win some Glutino gluten-free products to get your game day cooking started? Enter below…
*I am a Glutino ambassador and receive products for review. I was not however, required to write a positive feature, nor develop a recipe using the products. These are my opinions and my opinions alone. We reserve the right to only feature products we actually enjoy.