These gluten-free French toast bites are an easy and delicious breakfast that is perfect anytime but especially on Christmas morning.
- 1 loaf of gluten-free Canyon Bakehouse bread
- 1 C heavy whipping cream or whole milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 T butter
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- dash of allspice
- 2/3 C brown sugar
- 2/3 C white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut bread into 1 inch cubes
- Evenly spread on a baking sheet and toast for 15 minutes
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg then mix in the heavy whipping cream or whole milk
- Place 1 T butter in a frying pan and heat it up
- Submerge bread cubes into the egg and cream mixture then shake excess off and place half in the buttered frying pan
- Fry 2 minutes then flip and fry another 1-2 minutes
- Once cooked, coat immediately in cinnamon sugar mixture
- Repeat with the second tablespoon of butter and remaining bread in the frying pan and coat in cinnamon sugar mixture
- Serve up with warm syrup
Be sure to shake the extra egg and cream mixture off before coating in cinnamon sugar.
If you want to make this dish more festive, use eggnog instead of cream or milk.
- Serving Size: 1/2 C French toast bites
Keywords: kid-friendly, easy breakfast recipe, gluten-free