Oh yes we did!! Frosted animal crackers that are gluten-free and DELICIOUS! Thanks to the good folks at Glutino, this childhood favorite of mine has now become a gluten-free reality again. Can you tell how excited I am?! We did a small batch of natural dyed pink ones with natural dyed sprinkles then a batch of pink and white frosted ones with regular sprinkles that are gluten-free of course but not dye free. These were so easy to make. Just be sure to find gluten-free labeled almond bark & sprinkles. I can’t wait to put these in my little guys first day of school lunchbox!
Need an EASY and delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert?
Take a look at my Sheet Pan Meals and More!
Gluten-Free Frosted Animal Crackers
- Gluten-Free Frosted Animal Crackers
- 2 bags of Glutino gluten-free animal crackers
- 4 cubes or pieces of vanilla almond bark
- 3 drops red dye I know, yuk! Use natural dyes for a better cookie but know that they won't be as pink.
- Take out any broken animals and enjoy them while making these yummy cookies. 😉
- With the non-broken animals, make your frosted cookies.
- Start by melting two of the almond bark pieces or cubes over boiling water in a glass bowl.
- Dip half the cookies into melted almond bark and place on a silicone baking mat or wax paper.
- Top with sprinkles and let cool until hardened.
- Do the same with the remaining two pieces of almond bark but this time add the dye and stir well first.
- Enjoy once they are hardened if you can wait that long.
*I was provided with product for review. I was not required to write a positive feature.