These green bean casserole galettes with fried onions are a classic Thanksgiving dish elevated and made into miniature form. They are the truly incredible!
Every year at Thanksgiving I find myself wanting to try new things in the kitchen but not wanting to miss out on my favorite dishes. These green bean casserole galettes with fried onions take everybody’s favorite flavors to the next level.
If there is one thing I love, it is a really good green bean casserole. None of this fancy shmancy stuff though. I want it classic and homey like I remember as a kid. Creamy soup and green bean filling topped with FRESH fried onions equals one delicious dish. Trust me, once you make fresh, homemade fried onions, you will NEVER go back. They are so good! The only problem is having the will power not to eat them hot out of the fryer.
The only problem I find with the classic green bean casserole is that it is somewhat underwhelming to the senses when placed on the table. It isn’t particularly pretty but boy oh boy does it taste great! I decided that a way we could make them more beautiful would be to wrap them up in individual galette form.
While the presentation of these green bean casserole galettes are lovely, the effort that goes into making them is minimal. I simply made my favorite green bean casserole filling and enveloped them in prepared gluten-free pie crust from Glutino. You can use any brand you’d like but this is the only brand I will use aside from my mom’s homemade flaky, buttery gluten-free crust (which can be found in our cookbook HERE). Glutino’s pie crust is so easy to prepare and always turns out great. Whether it’s being used for our sweet razzleberry pie or these savory green bean casserole galettes, it is a winner.
Need an EASY and delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert?
Take a look at my Sheet Pan Meals and More!
Gluten-Free Green Bean Casserole Galettes with Fried Onions
- 1 box of gluten-free pie crust prepared we like Glutino brand
- 1 box Pacific Foods condensed cream of mushroom or chicken soup
- 1 tsp. gluten-free soy sauce
- 4 cans of organic green beans
- Dash of Real Salt and pepper
- 1 1/3 c. gluten-free fried onions
- 2 large onions
- 1 1/2 c. gluten-free all-purpose flour blend OR 1/2 c. brown rice flour, 1/2 c. tapioca starch, 1/4 C corn starch & 1/4 c. coconut flour
- 1 tsp. Real Salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- raw or organic milk
- To make the fried onions, begin by slicing onions into thin rings then soak in milk
- Combine flours, Real salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet
- Remove a few onion rings from milk and coat in flour
- Fry in oil
- Drain on a paper towel lined plate
- For the casserole filling, combine green beans, gluten-free cream of mushroom soup, gluten-free soy sauce, Real salt, pepper and 2/3 c. gluten-free fried onions in a big bowl
- Roll 6 inch diameter pie crust circles out and top with some green bean casserole
- Fold over the edges to make a true galette
- Top with a few more fried onions
- Bake 25 minutes at 350 degrees
*This is a sponsored post by Glutino. I was provided with monetary compensation and products. Opinions are all my own and truly reflective of how we feel about these products. We love Glutino brand and use their products ALL the time!