These grilled shrimp, watermelon and rosemary skewers are a great summer dinner that require very little effort on your part.Our grilled shrimp, watermelon and rosemary skewers are fresh and delicate in flavor. They are also a great addition to any barbecue or summer gathering.
I knew I had to put together these grilled shrimp, watermelon and rosemary skewers after tasting the crisp and refreshing watermelon Dry Sparkling soda. Marinating is one of my favorite ways to prepare protein during the summer. It infuses flavor while I can go about the rest of my day. It only takes a few ingredients to get fantastic flavors through marination.
Summer is the time I least want to be in the kitchen for hours cooking. So, anything that can be done on the grill is always at the top of my meal planning list. I also like easy dinners that are fresh and light like our crab stacks, cucumber marinated chicken and of course these grilled, shrimp, watermelon and rosemary skewers.
In addition to watermelon, Dry Sparkling has some other fantastic flavors that are especially delicious in the summer. Including cucumber, rhubarb, rainier cherry and Fuji apple. They are delicious on their own and work lovely in recipes as well.
Need an EASY and delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert?
Take a look at my Sheet Pan Meals and More!
Grilled Shrimp, Watermelon and Rosemary Skewers
- 2 cups watermelon in 1.5" cubes
- 16 large shrimp
- One bottle watermelon dry sparkling soda
- 1/2 C cojita cheese
- 3 large sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 1/4 C extra virgin olive oil
- Please shrimp and one sprig of rosemary in a container then pour half a bottle watermelon Dry Sparkling soda on top
- Close with a lid and refrigerate 12 to 24 hours
- Place cubed watermelon and one sprig of rosemary in another container then pour the remaining watermelon Dry Sparkling soda over top
- Put a little over-the-top and refrigerate 12 to 24 hours as well
- Soak 8 wood skewers in water for at least 10 minutes
- Once watermelon and shrimp have marinated, place shrimp on 1/2 of the wood skewers
- Grill for the shrimp skewers for 2 to 3 minutes until cooked through and no longer pink
- Place watermelon on remaining half of the wood skewers and grill for 45 seconds
- Please grilled shrimp and watermelon skewers on your serving platter and drizzle with olive oil
- Top with coarse sea salt, cojita cheese and more fresh rosemary
*Thank you to Dry Sparkling for sponsoring this post. I was provided with monetary and product compensation. All opinions are my own.