This instant pot gluten-free pineapple upside down cake it’s super easy to make. It’s a delicious dessert that everyone will love.
You guys are going to love this instant pot gluten-free pineapple upside down cake!
The pudding in this instant pot gluten-free pineapple upside down cake makes it a bit more done in a lot more moist. I’m not a huge dry cake fan so unless it’s a toffee or pudding cake, I probably won’t be eating it.
You guys I have been loving my instant pot! It’s amazing how you can cook almost anything in it in a fraction of the time that it takes to bake. For a long time I debated on which one I wanted to get but finally decided on the nine in one so I had all the features available to me. I will say that I wish I would’ve gotten the 8 quart instead of just the 6 quart.
Cooking up meat and soups was a no-brainer but I was excited to try some desserts as well. Since pineapple upside down cake is my absolute favorite, I knew this would be the one to try. The cakes definitely come out more moist and without the crispy crust but I don’t mind. I used a 5 quart glass Pyrex bowl for making this cake so the recipe actually makes two.
- 1 box (15 oz.) gluten-free vanilla cake mix, prepared according to package directions
- 1 box dry vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can of pineapple rings and juice
- 6 maraschino cherries
- 6 T butter
- 2/3 C brown sugar
- 1 1/2 C water
- Combine prepared gluten-free cake mix with dry pudding and juice from one can of pineapple rings
- Spray a 5 quart oven safe cake pan with nonstick cooking spray
- Place 3 tablespoons of melted butter in the bottom then sprinkle with 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Place three pineapple rings on top of the brown sugar and put maraschino cherries in the hole of each
- Pour water into the bottom of your instant pot and place the trivet that came with your pot in the bottom
- Pour half the cake mix mixture over the pineapple and lower the bowl into your instant pot onto the trivet
- Press the cake button and adjust time to 25 minutes
- Once the time is up, release the pressure naturally for 5 minutes then quick release any additional pressure until float valve drops
- Unlock lid and using hot pads, carefully remove your cake pan from the Instant Pot
- Let cool 10 min. then using a knife, do a circle around the cake to gently remove it from the sides of the pan
- Place a plate over the pan and flip the cake over to remove
If you love cake, then you are going to love these recipes too!