This fresh mango habanero salsa comes with a spicy kick and a touch of sweetness. A heat packing habanero pepper combined with juicy mango flavor just can’t be beat.
Top this homemade salsa on chicken tacos, fish tacos, or serve with your favorite tortilla chips. It stores well which makes it great for parties or quick and easy lunches.
If you can handle the heat, you’re going to love this easy recipe. Spicy mango salsa goes great with a taco salad or a gluten-free quesadilla for a quick dinner recipe.
I also love this jalapeño simple syrup because it has that same spicy and sweet flavor contrast. And everyone knows, there’s nothing that goes better with Mexican food than a margarita!
My virgin margarita on the rocks and my virgin strawberry margarita are two delicious drinks that everyone can enjoy. Mocktails are my favorite because you get the yummy taste of a cocktail without the after effect.
Subscribe to This Vivacious Life
Receive a free e-book of Instant Pot recipes!
Is mango habanero sauce hot?
Depending on the brand of sauce you get, the spiciness will vary. If you’re someone who steers clear of spicy things, I recommend eating sauce or salsa with fresh fruit like fresh peaches, mango slices, or even pineapple chunks instead of something savory.
If you want to add even more spice, jalapeño peppers, mangos, and spicy habanero peppers make the perfect combination.
What’s in mango habanero salsa?
Like a lot of salsa recipes, the ingredients depend on personal preference. Feel free to add more or less of any of the following ingredients and check the recipe card for the remaining ingredients.
These little guys give a nice KICK of heat to this salsa. It is balanced out with caramelized onions, fresh herbs, fruit and a bit of citrus.
I like using white onion but you can use red onion or both. Red onion tends to have a little bit more sweetness than the white onions which would compliment the mango well.
I like using ripe mangoes for this recipe. I also leave my mangos in pretty large pieces because I like chunkier salsa but you can dice into small pieces if desired.
I find that the sweetness of the strawberries and mangoes combined give the perfect balance to the heat of the habanero pepper.
Fresh cilantro is a classic ingredient in most salsa recipes so this one is important! If you’re not a fan of cilantro, you can use Mexican oregano or even parsley instead.
Lime is in most traditional salsa recipes and fruit salsa recipes. It adds some tartness as well as helps tame the spiciness. Fresh lime juice is the best.
How to make mango habanero salsa
There are just a few easy steps in this yummy recipe.
- Start by cutting and caramelizing your onions in 1 tsp. butter
- Dice the strawberries and habanero pepper on a cutting board and add them to a large bowl
- Add caramelized onions to the strawberries and pepper
- Top with chopped cilantro
- Squeeze fresh lime juice into the bowl
- Add diced mango and BRIANNAS Organic Mango Vinaigrette then stir everything together (while the vinaigrette is optional, it adds GREAT flavor)
Pro Tip: For best results, Use organic produce to keep this entire dish free from pesticides
Expert tips and FAQs
An easy way to make this habanero mango salsa recipe less spicy is by seeding all of the habanero peppers. The seeds pack a lot of heat so removing them will tame this recipe. You can also add more mango or even add home organic honey for mild heat.
You can opt for some organic tortilla chips, bell peppers, peach slices, apple slices, or any tropical fruits! It’s also a great idea to serve this salsa on healthy appetizers like grilled shrimp tacos, lettuce wraps, etc.
My favorite way to store this flavorful salsa is in the fridge in an airtight container for up to one week. If you want to keep homemade salsa good for a longer period of time, you can freeze for up to one year.
Need an EASY and delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert?
Take a look at my Sheet Pan Meals and More!
NEED MORE GOODNESS? Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter for great recipes, entertaining ideas and more!
Mango Habanero Salsa
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 onion diced
- 1 cup strawberries diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 mango peeled and diced
- 1 habanero pepper (diced extra fine) As with all hot peppers, be sure to wash hands thoroughly after touching or use plastic gloves when cutting.
- 2 tablespoon BRIANNAS Organic Mango Vinaigrette
- Start by cutting and caramelizing your onions in 1 teaspoon butter
- Dice the strawberries and habanero pepper then add them to the bowl
- Add caramelized onions to the strawberries and habanero and top with chopped cilantro and then a
- Squeeze the juice of 1/2 lime into the bowl
- Add diced mango and BRIANNAS Organic Mango Vinaigrette then stir everything together (the vinaigrette is optional but adds GREAT flavor)
This post was originally published in August 2018 but was updated in July 2022.
This salsa is addicting!! I sat down with some chips and this salsa and almost ate all of it in one sitting!