Oh boy, these marinated chicken skewers with cucumber yogurt sauce are perfect for backyard summer grilling!
If you like to grill, then you are going to love these marinated chicken skewers with cucumber yogurt sauce.
When it comes to summer dinners, something flavorful like these marinated chicken skewers with cucumber yogurt sauce are a wonderful choice. The marinating process infuses lots of flavor while you get to sit back and relax. You get to keep your house cool and clean thanks to the grill. I especially love this because grilling gives me another excuse to get out and enjoy some vitamin D for happiness.
Instead of using lemon juice as you would in traditional marinade, we used cucumber Dry Sparkling soda. It gives that fresh summer flavor even more depth. The carbonation tenderizes the meat perfectly during the marinade process. Plus, it is a great accompaniment to serve with the finished product. Dry Sparkling cucumber soda is so palate cleansing and truly enhances the flavor of this dish.
These marinated chicken skewers with cucumber yogurt sauce are great served with a simple cucumber salad. You can also enjoy them with potato salad, homemade potato chips or our famous guacamole stuffed tater tot bacon bombs. For more of a surf and turf presentation, serve these skewers up with our crab stacks with blood orange vinaigrette.
Need an EASY and delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert?
Take a look at my Sheet Pan Meals and More!
Marinated Chicken Skewers with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 bottle cucumber Dry Sparkling Soda
- 1 English cucumber divided
- 1 1/2 tsp. crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic salt divided
- 1 tsp. onion salt divided
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/3 C plain yogurt
- In a 9x13 glass pan, combine garlic, cumin, olive oil, 1/2 tsp. garlic salt, 1/2 tsp. onion salt, 1/4 tsp. black pepper, 1/3 the English cucumbers sliced and 1/2 C cucumber Dry Sparkling soda
- Place the chicken tenders in the marinate and toss all chicken until coated
- Cover and place in refrigerator overnight or at least 2 hours
- Soak skewers in water for 5 minutes then thread them into the individual chicken tenders once they have marinated
- Discard marinated cucumbers
- Grill the chicken for 3-5 minutes on each side making sure to cook them until white all the way through
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine yogurt, 1/2 chopped English cucumber, 1 T cucumber Dry Sparkling soda, 1/2 tsp. garlic salt, 1/2 tsp. onion salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper
You can enjoy this meal along with other delicious Greek sides or serve it up American backyard bbq style. Some of my favorite American bbq sides are baked beans and coleslaw. No matter how you serve it, your guests will enjoy the fantastic flavor and tender meat.
*Thanks to Dry Sparkling for sponsoring this post. I was provided with monetary and product compensation. All opinions are my own.