Our Moroccan walking chicken tacos are a bold dinner choice that changes up traditional American fare.
Moroccan walking chicken tacos are full of big flavors like coriander, turmeric and paprika. The mix-ins are authentic and flavorful as well.
I love simple dinners that require little clean up and these Moroccan walking chicken tacos make both of those things possible. For as much flavor as they provide, you’d think it would take an entire kitchen to create them. Luckily, they require very little.
Most of the fantastic flavor comes from the delicious Moroccan Spice Plentils by Enjoy Life Foods. They provide the perfect top 8 allergen-free base to our tacos. Easily add in the Moroccan spiced chicken and other mix-ins for perfect ethnic tacos on the go. This dinner is one that will wow your guests with flavor without much effort on your part. Get creative with mix-ins but some of my favorites are cucumbers, raisins, peppers, parsley, chickpeas, purple cabbage, shredded carrots and dairy-free yogurt sauce.
If you like this recipe, you are sure to love our Thai walking tacos too!
Need an EASY and delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert?
Take a look at my Sheet Pan Meals and More!
Morrocan Walking Chicken Tacos
- 6 bags of 4 oz. Morrocan Spice Plentils
- 1/2 lb chicken tenders
- 3 T olive oil divided
- 3 T lemon juice divided
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon divided
- 1 tsp. onion salt divided
- 1 can chickpeas drained
- 1 C purple cabbage sliced
- 1 small bunch cilantro
- 1 C shredded carrots
- 1 lime cut in wedges
- 1/4 C raisins
- 1 C dairy-free plain yogurt
- In a glass baking dish, combine 2 T oil, 1 T lemon juice and remaining spices with chicken tenders
- Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight or minimum 2 hours
- Once marinated, heat 1 T oil until hot then add the chicken and cook 5-6 minutes or until cooked completely through
- Cut into small chunks and place in a serving bowl
- In another serving bowl, combine the dairy-free yogurt, 1/4 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. onion salt and 2 T lemon juice
- Place the remaining toppings (chickpeas, sliced cabbage, cilantro, lime wedges and raisins) into their own serving bowls
- Place Moroccan Spice Plentils on a tray next to the toppings unopened
- Allow guests to build their own Moroccan walking chicken tacos by opening their individual bag of Plentils and add in their favorite toppings
- Drizzle the dairy-free yogurt sauce over the top and shake lightly before enjoying
*Thank you to Enjoy Life Foods for sponsoring this post. They provided me with monetary and product compensation. All opinions are my own.