These peppermint patties with cranberry crunch are sure to be a new holiday favorite candy in your home.
Making these peppermint patties with cranberry crunch couldn’t be easier and yields a beautiful treat.
I love these peppermint patties with cranberry crunch homemade candy during the holidays but don’t want a complicated recipe. This one is great for the beginner and expert candy maker! They don’t take long to make and they are both beautiful as well as delicious.
These candies are great when served up at your next holiday party. They are also fantastic when delivered to your neighbors as a sweet gift. The kids will love helping you make them. They will enjoy giving them and seeing the look on your neighbors faces when they take their first bite even more though.
I love traditional peppermint patties but adding in the cranberry crunch sure takes it up a notch. Bakery on Main cranberry cashew with natural orange flavor granola is delicious on its own but even better with chocolate and peppermint filling. This granola is filled with fiber and whole grains. It’s also dedicated gluten-free.
While any chocolate will do, I love using Endangered Species brand in this recipe. It is such a high-quality product and made from better ingredients. The flavors are also fantastic.
Peppermint Patties with Cranberry Crunch
- 2 1/4 C powdered sugar
- 2 T butter softened
- 2 T cream
- 2 tsp. gluten-free peppermint extract
- 1 3 oz. Endangered Species dark chocolate with peppermint crunch bar, chopped
- 3 3 oz. Endangered Species milk chocolate bar, chopped
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1 C Bakery on Main cranberry cashew with natural orange flavor granola
- In a stand mixer, combine all ingredients except chocolates and granola using a paddle mixer
- Mix on high until dough comes together and is no longer sticky (if needed, add a few teaspoons of powdered sugar until no longer sticky)
- Place dough onto a long piece of plastic wrap in a 1 1/2-2 inch cylinder shape
- Roll and secure the ends of the plastic wrap then refrigerate for an hour
- Remove from the fridge and out of the plastic wrap
- Slice into small (1/4 inch) discs
- Meanwhile, in a glass bowl heat the chopped Endangered Species chocolate bars with coconut oil in 20 second intervals until completely melted
- Once the chocolate is melted, place a couple pieces of Bakery on Main cranberry cashew granola on each patty disc
- Proceed to dip individual patty discs completely into the chocolate carefully using a fork
- Place on wax paper to cool
If you love this recipe, you are going to love these Christmas recipes as well…
*Thanks to Bakery on Main for sponsoring this post. I was provided with monetary and product compensation. All opinions are my own.