Our spring break staycation ideas with kids will help you plan the perfect family “stayaway”.
These spring break staycation ideas with kids will help you create a memorable local vacation without breaking the bank.
Planning spring break staycation ideas with kids can be tough if you don’t have leads. That’s where I come in to help you. I’ve tried to take the guess work out of planning your own staycation so you can relax.
The best part about a spring break staycation with kids is that it is much easier on the budget than a traditional family getaway. You can create wonderful memories that are sure to last a lifetime without leaving your own city. Below are some of our ideas but I would love to hear yours too. Feel free to leave them in the comments below. Spring break staycation ideas with kids-
- Do a “beach” day at your local beach, lake or even local swimming spot
- Make family friendly mocktails and enjoy them poolside (our kiddos loved the Perfectly Free non-dairy frozen bites in sprite)
- Visit a local museum and even go for the guided tour
- Make reservations and dine out at your favorite family friendly restaurant
- Pack a brown bag lunch and go on a hike
- Plan a family picnic complete with a picnic blanket and woven basket filled with goodies
- Take a kid friendly cooking class with a local chef
- Buy washable paint, brushes and large paper pads then hold a family art night
- Set up a projector somewhere in your house or outside then pop some popcorn, buy movie candy and have a family movie night
- Have another family join you for a big backyard BBQ
- Go fishing at your favorite fishing hole
- Rent ATV’s, a boat or water toys for a day of adventurous family fun
- Go to your local waterpark or amusement park
- Have a spa night with fresh cut cucumbers, sugar scrubs and bubble foot baths (check out our spa party HERE)
- Make floral smoothie bowls and enjoy them while watching the sunset
We got together with friends recently and my friends son was the same age as little lady. It was so cute to see them be shy with each other. I couldn’t resist snapping this photo.
Be sure to take lots of photos on your own staycation to capture all the amazing memories you are sure to make.
*Thank you to Incredible Foods Perfectly Free for sponsoring this post.