My oh my, these SunButter and jelly bars with creamy frosting sure hit the spot. They are great as a decadent after school snack.The kids absolutely loved the familiar flavors in these SunButter and jelly bars. Kids aren’t the only ones who are going to love them though…
It seemed only appropriate that I put together a SunButter and jelly bars recipe. Around here, we love the combination of classic flavors. My kids would literally eat a PB&J everyday so I thought maybe I could surprise them with it’s familiar flavors in a fun and nutritional way. SunButter is a fantastic alternative for those with peanut or tree nut allergies. Plus it offers more nutritional benefits than traditional nut butters. With just as much protein and essential nutrients like magnesium, vitamin E, zinc and iron, it is a great choice. SunButter is made with sunflower seeds and comes in multiple variations including creamy, natural, organic, natural crunch, no sugar added and in convenient on-to-go 1.5 oz cups.
We make these SunButter and jelly bars in one bowl. So in addition to happy little ones, you will also be happy. Clean up is a snap! While we chose to use strawberry jam, and fresh strawberries, you can use grape, apricot or any other flavor jam and fruit you prefer.
If you like these, then you are definitely going to want to try our SunButter chocolate chip muffins. They are great for breakfast or as a snack. And SunButter isn’t just for people…our kids love making these nut-free pinecone bird feeders for our local birds.
Need an EASY and delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert?
Take a look at my Sheet Pan Meals and More!
SunButter and Jelly Bars with Creamy Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a stand mixer, beat 3/4 C butter, SunButter and sugars together
- Add salt, vanilla and eggs then mix again
- Slowly add in flour and mix until just combined
- Add in oats and jam then mix until well combined (30 sec)
- Press into a greased 9x13 glass baking dish
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes
- Let cool 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, prepare frosting by mixing powdered sugar, 1/4 C SunButter and 1/4 C strawberry jam together
- Once bars are completely cooled, frost and top with additional chopped strawberries
*Thank you to SunButter for sponsoring this post.