Summer Block Party-Quinoa & Pepper Pilaf
These light and flavorful dish is perfect for summer parties
Prep Time25 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa rinsed
- 2 cups Swanson® Certified Organic Vegetable Broth or Swanson® Vegetable Broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Heat the oil in a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the peppers and quinoa and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the broth and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the quinoa is tender and the liquid is absorbed. Stir in the parsley. Season, if desired.
Calories: 218kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 476mg | Potassium: 397mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1410IU | Vitamin C: 96.2mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 2.4mg