These gluten-free ice cream cake pops are so great for summer. They take a fun spin on a classic ice cream cone.
What could be better than cake and ice cream in a white chocolate dipped cone? These gluten-free ice cream cake pops are going to be your kids new favorite treat!
I was trying to think of something amazing to make for the kids this summer and these gluten-free ice cream cake pops came to my mind. Mostly because I drooled over the mini ice cream cone cake pops (minus the ice cream inside) my friend Jenny of Jennycookies.com made. I just knew I had to recreate something similar to them gluten-free. Plus, I wanted to show how something Pinterest worthy can totally be done. When making these, don’t be afraid to get a little messy with the almond bark dip. They are supposed to look like ice cream cones after all and ice cream drips. Yay for not having to be perfect in our dessert making right?
I thought, what better time to make them then when my sister was in town visiting. Brittney and I love being creative together especially when it involves food. Neither of us has a big sweet tooth, but we both really enjoyed these gluten-free cake pops!The best part is that they can be made dairy-free for those who also suffer from dairy allergies or intolerances. Be sure to choose a gluten-free, dairy-free cake mix and frosting. You will also want to choose a dairy-free ice cream like these delicious pints from Perfectly Free.
Perfectly Free non-dairy frozen dessert comes in fudge swirl, strawberry sundae and caramel cafe. The fudge is super rich and FULL of rich chocolate. The caramel cafe has those warm flavors of soft caramel that you love. And the strawberry sundae flavor is in my opinion, the best flavor for summer as it brings those fresh fruit flavors through in cold, smooth ice cream.
The new fruit bites are a delicious treat that the kids love! I love them because they come in perfect sized packets for the kids and are full of real fruit that is good for their body.
This picture just had to be shared because our photographer said, “Just laugh and have fun”. I then proceeded to look at the ice cream and say, “Oh ice cream, you are so funny!” It’s not always pretty but we sure to have fun over here!
Need an EASY and delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert?
Take a look at my Sheet Pan Meals and More!
Gluten-Free Ice Cream Cake Pops
- 12 gluten-free ice cream cones
- 1 pint Perfectly Free ice cream or another great gluten-free ice cream
- 1 box gluten-free cake mix prepared according to package directions
- 1/2 can gluten-free frosting
- 6 squares of gluten-free almond bark
- GF sprinkles
- Crumble your prepared cake into a pan
- Mix in 1/2 can of frosting until well combined using your hands
- Roll cake into balls big enough to fit right on top of your gluten-free ice cream cones
- Fill each cone with some ice cream then sit the cake pop on top
- Meanwhile, heat the almond bark 1-2 minutes or until melted but not burnt
- Drizzle each cake pop with melted almond bark (It's ok if it drips down the sides, it is supposed to look like an ice cream cone after all)
- Top with sprinkles and place in the freezer until you are ready to serve
If you love these cake pops, you are going to really like these as well…
Photos and video by Amie Pendle
Thanks to Perfectly Free for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own. I was provided with monetary and product compensation.