This white Christmas dinner party is bright and beautiful for this holiday seasons next gathering.You guys are going to love this white Christmas dinner party! From the menu to the decor we kept it simple and sleek.
I’ve always wanted to host a white Christmas dinner party from the very first pin I pinned on Pinterest back in probably about 2010. It was a collection of white snowflake sugar cookies and other white Christmas dessert items. I just love how beautiful freshly fallen snow looks and a white Christmas dinner party reminds me of just that.
First, I knew I wanted to keep the food simple with the delicious gluten-free menu. We began with a light, white charcuterie and cheese board. There were a few different cheeses including a delicious cheese ball, crackers and bagel crisps as well as sliced Granny Smith apples and prosciutto. We also included some fresh pistachios picked right from the tree in our front yard. I served it all up on a marble white pedestal to keep that light theme going. For dinner, we served a simple and creamy fettuccine Alfredo.
The dessert was the crowning moment and I presented it as beautifully as I could think possible. I made a gluten-free eggnog cake using the Namaste Foods organic yellow cake mix. I love this cake mix because there’s only a few ingredients and it’s so easy to serve as is or transform into a new flavor. The texture and taste are so great that nobody would ever know it’s gluten-free! This cake mix is also free of the top 8 allergens (before anything is that added), moist, fluffy and so delicious. It can be made into cupcakes, cake or a layer cake like we did here.
Since I don’t consider myself a baker, it was a big success that the cake both turned out beautiful and delicious. I used the Wilton easy layers 6 inch five piece cake pans set. They make it so easy to create a gorgeous layer cake.
After frosting in between each layer and creating a naked cake frosting look on the outside, I wrapped fresh rosemary on the bottom to mimic a holiday wreath. I then placed whole cinnamon sticks on top for the final touch. While I used traditional, organic eggnog you could also use a dairy-free version.
I have been using Namaste Foods products since I was first diagnosed with celiac disease back in 2008. They really have some of the best products out there. Some of their new ones I’m loving are the organic devil’s food cake mix, organic quick bread and muffin mix, organic dark chocolate brownie mix and organic perfect flour blend. This new line especially is a step above the rest available on the market.
In addition to our pasta, eggnog cake and white charcuterie and cheese board, I also had my girl Shanan from Enchanted Cookie Boutique make these gorgeous white sweater and snowflake sugar cookies. They look beautiful but they also taste fantastic! I also had Mrs Cal’s sea salt chocolate covered caramels in little white bags waiting for each girl in her spot.
In keeping with the white Christmas dinner party theme, I asked guests to bring white elephant gifts that we could exchange. It was so funny to see what people came up with. The decor was simple with crisp white linens, white chairs and plates. I found some gorgeous white bottlebrush trees and white deer that fit perfectly as well. The centerpiece was a flocked green arrangement with candles inside mason jars.
The best part about a white Christmas dinner party is that the sleek, crisp mood makes it easy to decorate and decide on a menu. Nothing is meant to be overboard but rather, modern, simple and beautiful.
Need an EASY and delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert?
Take a look at my Sheet Pan Meals and More!
Gluten-Free Eggnog Cake
- 1 12 ounce Namaste organic gluten-free yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 C eggnog
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 1/2 tsp. gluten-free rum extract
For the eggnog frosting:
- 1/2 C softened butter
- 1/4 C eggnog
- 3 C powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp. gluten-free rum extract
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine all cake ingredients together and mix well until smooth
- Place prepared cake batter into greased 6" cake pans
- Bake at 350° for 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Let each layer cool then remove them gently from the pans
- In another bowl, combine all frosting ingredients and whip well for two minutes
- Place a little bit of that frosting on your cake stand then place the first layer on top of it so that it doesn't move all around
- Top that layer with more frosting and spread it then place another cake layer on top
- Continue this pattern until all layers have been placed
- Gently spread frosting on the outside and top of the cake making sure to leave some open spaces to give it that naked cake look
- Wrap fresh rosemary around the base of the cake and place whole cinnamon sticks on top
- For the final touch, grate additional fresh nutmeg on top and sides of the cake
If you like this post and you’re definitely going to love our other holiday parties including…
Photos by Amie Pendle
*Thank you to Namaste Foods for sponsoring this post. I was provided with monetary and product compensation. All opinions are my own.