*Thank you to Canyon Bakehouse for sponsoring this post.
Who doesn’t love a good slider? They are easy to eat, perfectly savory, and make the best appetizer or snack for game day. These easy Hawaiian Roll Sliders will be your new go to party dish.
This is one of my favorite recipes because the combination of Hawaiian Sweet rolls with hot ham and Swiss cheese is absolutely to die for. It’s the perfect party food for a hungry crowd that doubles as a great family meal.
Gluten-free Canyon Bakehouse Hawaiian sweet rolls are the best gluten-free rolls I’ve been able to find. Sometimes gluten-free bread has a different taste and texture but these rolls are perfect in every way. They’ve become a family favorite!
If you don’t need gluten-free, any brand of Hawaiian rolls will work for this recipe. You will get the same delicious result. We also love making this Hawaiian roll French toast as well.
Another thing that’s great about this slider recipe is that it makes for great leftovers. Sandwiches like this pizza monster grilled cheese sandwich and my gluten-free chick fil a sandwich make easy and yummy lunches!
Subscribe to This Vivacious Life
Receive a free e-book of Instant Pot recipes!
How do you keep sliders from getting soggy?
The trick to baked-to-perfection sliders is to cook them in the oven uncovered for a bit after cooking them covered. Allowing the steam to escape while cooking instead of build up in the pan.
This will keep your sliders from getting soggy. With this combo on/off baking technique you will get perfect sliders every time.
Why this recipe works
- This recipe is fool proof. It can easily be made with both gluten filled and Canyon Bakehouse gluten-free Hawaiian rolls.
- It can be made dairy-free with a butter alternative and dairy free cheese.
- This recipe can be doubled or tripled for a crowd, everyone will love the flavor!
What are Hawaiian sliders made of?
You only need a few household ingredients to make these individual sliders. Make sure to see the recipe card for the full list of ingredients.
I love the salty tang that dijon mustard adds to these sandwiches but if you don’t have dijon mustard, you can use yellow mustard.
Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
Canyon Bakehouse Hawaiian sweet rolls are my favorite gluten-free sweet rolls. The texture is perfect and they bake so well. Any Hawaiian rolls will work though.
I recommended getting fairly thick cut, juicy ham because it tastes better in these sandwiches. You can also use classic ham, honey ham, Hawaiian ham, or even leftover thanksgiving ham in this recipe.
What would this cheese sliders recipe be without quality Swiss cheese? I prefer precut cheese slices from Boars Head because they save time but you can also use a block of cheese.
Lots and lots of butter… Just kidding, but it is a fair amount and totally worth it!
How do you make Hawaiian Roll Sliders?
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×9 baking pan or loaf pan if using smaller gluten-free Hawaiian slider rolls
In the microwave, melt butter then stir in poppyseeds, onion, dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce until well combined
Place the bottoms of the sweet Hawaiian rolls in the sprayed pan and brush with half the melted butter mixture
Add the ham and Swiss then add the tops of the buns back on
Brush the tops of the rolls with the remaining butter mixture and cover with aluminum foil.
Bake at 350 for 12 minutes then remove tin foil and bake another 10 minutes or until the cheese melts
Expert tips and FAQs
I love serving these cheeseburger sliders with waffle fries or sweet potato fries. If you’re looking for a healthier side dish, my instant pot carrots and my red cabbage salad with bacon are great options.
You can store Hawaiian roll ham sliders in an airtight container or plastic wrap in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Depending on how hungry your crowd is, I suggest 2-3 individual sandwiches. Don’t be afraid to double the batch for a birthday party, football game, etc. because leftovers store easily
When reheating, I recommend using an air fryer on medium-high heat because it makes them taste fresh. You can also microwave them for 45 seconds to 1 minute on high.
Need an EASY and delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert?
Take a look at my Sheet Pan Meals and More!
Easy Hawaiian Roll Sliders
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce (we use gluten-free)
- 6-12 Hawaiian sweet rolls, sliced in half horizontally (We use gluten-free Canyon Bakehouse brand so there is 6 larger ones in a package but the 12 pack bags of non-gluten-free work great in this recipe as well. It's roughly 10-12 ounces.)
- 1 pound sliced, deli ham
- 9 slices Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×9 baking pan or loaf pan if using smaller gluten-free Hawaiian slider rolls
- In the microwave, melt butter then stir in poppyseeds, onion, dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce until well combined
- Place the bottoms of the rolls in the sprayed pan and brush with half the melted butter mixture
- Add the ham and Swiss then add the tops of the slider rolls back on
- Brush with the remaining butter mixture and cover with tinfoil
- Bake at 350 for 12 minutes then remove foil and bake another 10 minutes