This post was sponsored by our friends at Canyon Bakehouse.
These gluten-free French toast bites are so yummy. They are sure to be a new family favorite breakfast!
Everyone is going to love these gluten-free French toast bites. They are little pillows of cinnamon sugar Heaven!
These gluten-free French toast bites are surprisingly easy to make and will be a meal your family continues to ask for again and again.
I personally love to prepare them for Christmas breakfast as a fun treat. They are great with maple syrup or with our mouthwatering buttermilk syrup.
The bread you choose for these little bites will definitely affect the end result. I love to use the Canyon Bakehouse mountain white bread. However, any of their varieties will work.
I’ve used their bread in lots of recipes but one of my favorites is this gluten-free eggs Benedict casserole with smoky hollandaise sauce.
Canyon Bakehouse as a whole line of amazing products from shelf stable stay fresh breads to focaccia and brownie bites.
You can always count on their products to be so delicious that nobody would ever know they are gluten-free.
This recipe is one that you can get the kids involved in. They will love dipping the bread cubes and coating them in cinnamon sugar.
Notes about making gluten-free French toast bites
- While milk works great in this recipe, I love to use heavy cream to make it extra rich and decadent. Be sure to start with eggs that aren’t too cold as well. I like to let them sit out for just 10 minutes or so before I start.
- Be sure to coat all pieces of toasted bread and shake off the extra before dipping in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- You can fry the cubes in oil but butter is much tastier! I recommend using real butter. Kerrygold is my favorite brand but Irish roll butter is robust as well.
- You can use all white sugar but I love using a combination of white and brown sugars.
These gluten-free French toast bites are wonderful on their own but if you want to give them a festive flavor, use eggnog instead of whole cream. You can also add some nutmeg as well.
Either way, they are sure to be a hit!
Now how would you like to win the ENTIRE CANYON BAKEHOUSE LINE OF PRODUCTS?!
These gluten-free French toast bites are an easy and delicious breakfast that is perfect anytime but especially on Christmas morning.
- 1 loaf of gluten-free Canyon Bakehouse bread
- 1 C heavy whipping cream or whole milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 T butter
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- dash of allspice
- 2/3 C brown sugar
- 2/3 C white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut bread into 1 inch cubes
- Evenly spread on a baking sheet and toast for 15 minutes
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg then mix in the heavy whipping cream or whole milk
- Place 1 T butter in a frying pan and heat it up
- Submerge bread cubes into the egg and cream mixture then shake excess off and place half in the buttered frying pan
- Fry 2 minutes then flip and fry another 1-2 minutes
- Once cooked, coat immediately in cinnamon sugar mixture
- Repeat with the second tablespoon of butter and remaining bread in the frying pan and coat in cinnamon sugar mixture
- Serve up with warm syrup
Be sure to shake the extra egg and cream mixture off before coating in cinnamon sugar.
If you want to make this dish more festive, use eggnog instead of cream or milk.
- Serving Size: 1/2 C French toast bites
Keywords: kid-friendly, easy breakfast recipe, gluten-free
*Thank you to Canyon Bakehouse for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own. I truly do love their products and use them regularly.