This gluten-free peach rhubarb crumble is one of our new favorite summer desserts.I can’t tell you how many compliments we get when this gluten-free peach rhubarb crumble is served up to friends and family.
If you’re looking for a delicious summer dessert, look no further than this gluten-free peach rhubarb crumble. It’s easy to make and everyone will be talking about it until the next event you host. It’s slightly tart with the perfect amount of sweetness that everyone will love. The addition of rhubarb Dry Sparkling soda just makes this dessert even better. We also enjoy pairing it with the slightly tart rhubarb soda to get that extra punch of summer flavor.
When I was growing up my mom used to make rhubarb crumble multiple times every summer. We all loved it with a cold vanilla bean ice cream. When we first moved into the house over 20 years ago and saw this big green bush in the backyard we had no idea what it was.
We soon learned that it was rhubarb and my mom couldn’t have been happier. She was quickly taken back to her childhood where they also had a big rhubarb plant. She used to love picking a stalk and eating it with the big sprinkle of salt. Her mother, my grandmother, would make rhubarb crumble for them during the summer as well.
What are the odds that we would move to a house with the rhubarb plant? It’s now been growing for over 20 years and for 20 summers we’ve all enjoyed my moms rhubarb crumble. The plant is now 5 to 6 feet in diameter and my dad and mom can’t keep up eating it on their own. So each year they cut and freeze several quarts so that they can enjoy this family favorite dessert all year around.
While I also love my moms rhubarb crumble, I wanted to try something a little different this year. I decided that peaches would be the perfect addition! They are so sweet which helps cut the tartness of the rhubarb. Peaches and rhubarb are both very reminiscent of summer flavors for me so I couldn’t decide on a better combo. The outcome was delicious perfection!
We will definitely be making more of this gluten-free peach rhubarb crumble. We can even make it all throughout the year thanks to our frozen rhubarb and peaches.
Note from my awesome mother: The best part about rhubarb is that it’s hearty and super easy to grow. It takes almost no time to care for and the rewards are plenty. So if you have even a small space in your yard, get yourself a rhubarb plant. You can make so many things from it and it’s really unlikely that you will kill it, our family hasn’t!
- 3 C rhubarb, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 3 C peaches, diced into 1 inch cubes
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 1/4 C rhubarb Dry Sparkling soda
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch
- 1 C gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 C certified gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 C sugar
- 3/4 C butter
- Preheat your oven to 350°
- Using a stand mixer cream together butter and powdered sugar
- Combine all-purpose gluten-free flour rolled oats, sugar and baking powder together in another bowl
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter and sugar mixture and mix until crumbly *Do not over mix or topping will become dough like
- In a 9 x 13 pan combine peaches, rhubarb cornstarch and powdered sugar together
- Using your hands, crumble topping mixture over the fruit
- Bake uncovered 45 to 50 minutes
- Serve warm topped with vanilla ice cream or cold heavy cream
*Thank you to Dry Sparkling for sponsoring this post. I was provided with monetary and product compensation. All opinions are my own.