These gluten-free soft and chewy molasses cookies are sure to fill your holiday with cheer. Familiar flavors of ginger and molasses make for one tasty cookie.
You guys are going to love these gluten-free soft and chewy molasses cookies. They are perfect for holiday cookie exchanges.
These gluten-free soft and chewy molasses cookies are going to be a new holiday favorite. They are bursting with flavors of Christmas that everyone loves!
They truly are so chewy and remind me of days at home during Christmas. You guys will love them!
My friend Erin of Meaningful Eats also has a great gluten-free molasses cookie recipe. She uses almond butter and some other great ingredients.
Pamela’s Products were some of the very first gluten-free products my mom & I used when diagnosed over 7 years ago. I was impressed from day one with Pamela’s amazing baking and pancake mix. We would have friends over and they would say, “Why are your pancakes so good?!” When I told them they were gluten-free they wouldn’t believe it.
I loved making this mix into simple drop biscuits for a hot bread accompaniment to dinner and even into fluffy waffles on Sunday morning. I quickly fell in love with her other great products including the cookie mixes, pizza mix and shortbreads. I love that she even offers an agave sweetened shortbread cookie. I don’t know about you guys but I wondered if I would ever enjoy the nostalgic goodness of a fig newton like cookie again after being diagnosed with celiac disease.
I am SO thankful that Pamela and her team took on the challenge of creating this old time favorite cookie because they have mastered it! I have had the pleasure of enjoying all four flavors: mission fig, blueberry & fig, strawberry & fig and even raspberry & fig. Each was absolutely delicious! My non-gluten free hubby said, “These are really good!” We both the the soft texture and chewy filling was spot on.
Need an EASY and delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert?
Take a look at my Sheet Pan Meals and More!
Gluten-Free Soft & Chewy Molasses Cookies
- 2/3 C sugar plus more for rolling the cookies
- 1/3 C packed brown sugar
- 1/4 C molasses
- 1 egg
- 2/3 C coconut oil
- 2 C Pamela's All-Purpose Flour Artisan Blend (OR 1/2 C each tapioca starch, potato starch, white rice flour, brown rice flour)
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. Real Salt
- 2 tsp. allspice
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum (if not using Pamela's Artisan flour)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Whip sugars, molasses and egg until smooth
- Add in the oil and combine. In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet making sure to scrape down the sides
- Roll into 2 inch balls and roll in additional sugar
- Place 2 inches apart on a greased baking sheet and bake 12-15 minutes or until golden and still soft to the touch
- Remove carefully and immediately from the baking pan and let cool on a wire rack
- Enjoy with a nice cold glass of milk