These gluten-free ginger molasses cookies are soft and chewy. They are sure to fill your life (or holiday) with cheer! Familiar and warm flavors of ginger and molasses make for one tasty cookie.
Gluten-Free Ginger Molasses Cookies
These gluten-free soft and chewy molasses cookies are going to be a new cookie favorite. They are bursting with nostalgic flavors that everyone loves!
They truly are so chewy and remind me of days at home during Christmas but they really are great any time of the year. Kind of like our soft gluten-free snickerdoodle cookies.
In fact, we’ve been loving this cookie for years and years but it was originally published here on December 3, 2014 and you guys loved it too! It even won a baking competition with Pamela’s Products.
The best part is that they are really simple to make and the kids will love rolling them into sugar. It gives them a beautiful shine and a nice little sugary crust.
How to make gluten-free ginger molasses cookies
Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees
Step 1: Whip sugars, molasses and egg until smooth
Step 2: Slowly add in the oil and combine.
Step 3: In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix the dry ingredients into the wet making sure to scrape down the sides
Pro Tip: At this point, refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes to 1 hour to give you the best end result cookie possible
How do you store ginger molasses cookies?
Can you freeze them?
Here are some other great recipes with ginger in them…
Gingerbread Pancakes with Sugared Cranberries and Spiced Buttermilk Syrup
Need an EASY and delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert?
Take a look at my Sheet Pan Meals and More!
Gluten-Free Soft & Chewy Molasses Cookies
- 2/3 C sugar plus more for rolling the cookies
- 1/3 C packed brown sugar
- 1/4 C molasses
- 1 egg
- 2/3 C coconut oil
- 2 C Pamela's All-Purpose Flour Artisan Blend (OR 1/2 C each tapioca starch, potato starch, white rice flour, brown rice flour)
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. Real Salt
- 2 tsp. allspice
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum (if not using Pamela's Artisan flour)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Whip sugars, molasses and egg until smooth
- Add in the oil and combine. In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet making sure to scrape down the sides
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes to 1 hour to give you the best end result cookie possible
- Roll into 2 inch balls and roll in additional sugar
- Place 2 inches apart on a greased baking sheet and bake 12-15 minutes or until golden and still soft to the touch
- Remove carefully and immediately from the baking pan and let cool on a wire rack
- Enjoy with a nice cold glass of milk