The best gluten-free chicken parmigiana is truly this one! You won’t want to miss this authentic Italian dinner that will have everyone asking for more.
When it comes to one tasty dinner, this is the best gluten-free chicken parmigiana you will ever make.
The best part is that nobody will ever know it is gluten-free because the crust is so authentic and delicious. With a little bit of crunch and lots of yummy breading, everyone will be coming back for more! My husband is the most incredible cook. He has made lots of recipes that have been featured here including his 15-minute dinner hash or as we like to call it, Jash. His easy bruschetta chicken is also another easy dinner that is a huge hit. So it really shouldn’t have come as any surprise to me that he knocked it out of the park with the best gluten-free chicken parmigiana too.
When my hubby makes a meal, he doesn’t cut corners. The breading alone on this chicken parm shows exactly how much he thinks about his dishes. With a perfect combination of homemade gluten-free bread crumbs and flour, he makes a crust that has just the right amount of crunch and breading.
Need an EASY and delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert?
Take a look at my Sheet Pan Meals and More!
The BEST Gluten-Free Chicken Parmigiana
- 9 chicken tenderloins
- 4 large slices day old air dried gluten-free bread we like Canyon Bakehouse heritage style
- 4 eggs
- 5 mozzarella string cheese sticks
- 1/4 C parmesan cheese
- 1 C gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 C coconut oil
- 1 jar gluten-free marinara
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Pound each tenderloin flat between two sheets of wax paper
- In a bowl combine flour, basil, thyme, oregano, cilantro, salt, red pepper & black pepper
- In another bowl, beat eggs
- Pulse 4 slices of stale gluten-free bread in blender or food processor until crumbs form then place in another bowl *If you didn't have time to leave your bread on the counter overnight, bake it at 300 degrees for 10 minutes
- Heat coconut oil over medium heat in large frying pan
- Place each tenderloin in flour mixture then eggs and end with bread crumbs
- Next, place tenderloins in hot coconut oil and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side
- Remove and place on a paper towel to wait until all tenderloins have been cooked
- Pour bottle of marina sauce in a 9x13 baking dish
- Place cooked, breaded tenderloins over the sauce and top each with half a string cheese stick cut lengthwise
- Sprinkle parmesan over everything and bake for 15-20 minutes
- Meanwhile, cook gluten-free pasta then serve the chicken parmigiana over hot pasta and top with fresh basil