We are loving these dairy-free peppermint patties because they are so easy to make and everyone loves them!
If you want to get out of the holiday cookie making rut, I couldn’t recommend these dairy-free peppermint patties more.
Dairy-free peppermint patties using rich morsels from Enjoy Life Foods make a wonderful treat for any occasion this upcoming holiday season.
They are literally the easiest treat to make and are a definite crowd pleaser. Plus, everyone can help make them! I also like these low carb keto cream cheese cookies from our friend Maya at Wholesome Yum for another easy recipe that little hands can help with. I’m not the best candy maker but this recipe lets me feel like a true confectioner! No thermometer needed.
However, I love that the family and I can make these dairy-free peppermint patties in a snap and enjoy them with one of our favorite holiday movies.
They are so easy, I can even make them mid-year for our annual Christmas in July festivities.
I like to whip them up easily in a mini muffin silicone mold. They are great both with and without the mini cookies. I have to say that the mini cookies add a lovely crunch and taste.
However, they are great on their own too. Enjoy Life Foods has a couple different varieties of mini cookies that would be great inside!
The double chocolate would add another rich depth of flavor. The honey graham would give it a lighter taste and the chocolate chip are just classic.
My friend Erin has uses the Enjoy Life Foods chocolate and brownie mix in her vegan peppermint brownie truffles. They are great if you are looking for another delicious, dairy-free chocolate recipe.
Tips for the best dairy-free peppermint patties
- When using dairy-free butter, be sure to not melt it prior to mixing (they are usually soft enough)
- You can add 1-2 tsp. of oil to the chocolate when melting for a bit more shine but it isn’t necessary
- Rolling the peppermint filling into a cylinder and refrigerating will give you perfect sliced discs. However, just placing the filling on top of the cookies works great as well and tastes great.
These peppermint patties are so delicious either on their own or with the mini cookies on the bottom.
- 2 1/4 C corn-free powdered sugar
- 2 T dairy-free butter
- 2 T dairy-free milk
- a couple drops of pure peppermint oil (food grade)
- 1 (9 oz.) bag Enjoy Life Foods morsels
- Optional: Enjoy Life Foods mini chocolate chip cookies
- In a stand mixer, combine powdered sugar, dairy-free butter, dairy-free milk and peppermint oil using a paddle mixer
- Mix on high until dough comes together and is no longer sticky (if needed, add a few teaspoons more of powdered sugar until no longer sticky)
- Place dough onto a long piece of plastic wrap in a 1 1/2-2 inch cylinder shape
- Roll and secure the ends of the plastic wrap then refrigerate for an hour
- Remove from the fridge and out of the plastic wrap
- Slice into small (1/4 inch) discs and place each into a 24 cavity mini silicone muffin pan
- OR for an easier alternative, place a teaspoonful in each little silicone cup and skip the step of rolling and refrigerating
- *Feel free to put a mini Enjoy Life Foods chocolate chip cookie into each mini muffin cavity before adding the peppermint filling
- Meanwhile, in a glass bowl heat the Enjoy Life Foods chocolate morsels for 1 minute
- If you need to, microwave for another 20-30 seconds if not entirely melted
- Once the chocolate is melted, pour onto each peppermint patty until the cavity is full
- Freeze for 20 minutes or until completely set up
- Remove by popping each out of the silicone mold
I like using Enjoy Life Foods morsels for this dairy-free treat because the end product tastes so fantastic! I also used Good Karma milk and Earth Balance soy free butter.
If you like these, you may also like these…
*Thanks to Enjoy Life Foods for sponsoring this post. I was provided with monetary and product compensation. All opinions are my own. We truly love Enjoy Life Foods products!