I love giving classic savory dishes a sweet makeover. This gluten-free caramel chocolate lasagna does that in a delicious new way.
This dessert is both easy to make and easy on the eyes. I assure you, it is as delicious as it is mouthwatering to look at…
Our gluten-free caramel chocolate lasagna is going to be your new go-to dessert. It has all the makings of a scrumptious end to any meal with it’s sweet and slightly salty taste to it’s layers of delicious beauty.
Have you ever seen the chocolate lasagna on the menu at Olive Garden? It always looks so beautiful but there are two problems with this dessert for me. First, I really don’t love just plain chocolate in a dessert.
I know, I know, cue the boos but I am lover of gentle flavors when it comes to desserts. I love a classic creme’ brulee or a perfectly executed panna cotta. Of course, I adore sugar cookies. However, this can limit me at times so I like to branch out in my dessert recipe development…just a bit.
The second problem with this favorite restaurant dessert is that it most definitely is not gluten-free. Since I eat gluten-free, it’s very important to me that my desserts are gluten-free.
One of my favorite sweet snacks are the salted caramel pretzels from Glutino. I can and have on more than one occasion, eaten an entire bag (or two) on my own. The mixture of sweet caramel and salty pretzel is divine!
I thought it would be fun to use these tasty little morsels to make a gluten-free rendition of a sweet lasagna. I will say that this gluten-free caramel chocolate lasagna is easy to make and such a beauty to slice and serve. Watch as your friends oohh and ahh from presentation to their last bite.
Need an EASY and delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert?
Take a look at my Sheet Pan Meals and More!
Gluten-Free Caramel Chocolate Lasagna
- 1 bag gluten-free salted caramel pretzels we love Glutino brand
- 1 box gluten-free chocolate cake mix mixed as directed but not baked
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 C sugar
- 1/2 C heavy whipping cream
- 1 C powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Place pretzels in a gallon ziploc bag and crush
- Spread into the bottom of a 9 X 13 inch pan
- Pour prepared chocolate cake over the pretzels
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Let cool completely
- Meanwhile, mix whipping cream and powdered sugar until soft peaks form
- In another bowl, whip cream cheese and sugar
- Mix the whipped cream and cream cheese mixtures together
- Once cake is completely cooled, spread the cream mixture over top
- Top the cake with more crushed salted caramel pretzels
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out these…
*This is a sponsored post by Glutino. I was provided with monetary compensation and products. Opinions are all my own and truly reflective of how we feel about these products. We love Glutino brand and use their products ALL the time!