This gluten-free chicken noodle soup is so delicious and nobody will ever know it is gluten-free.Everyone is going to love your homemade gluten-free chicken noodle soup when you bring this to your next gathering.
This gluten-free chicken noodle soup was one of the first recipes I did on my old blog 8 years ago! I have decided to give it a boost for you all. This soup is perfect for those cold days or when you have the sniffles.
I love adding just a little bit of lemon juice to freshen it up. The great thing about this meal is you can make it with hardly any ingredients. It gives you big flavor too.
Ever wonder what to do with your leftover whole chicken when you have pretty much picked all the meat off you can? This recipe is what you do…don’t ever throw it away! This is for all of you who need some warmth during the cold season.
I don’t know about you guys but all I want when I’m sick is a nice bowl of chicken noodle soup. Sadly, for those of us who are gluten-free, this can be hard to come by. Well, at least a decent tasting one.
I love this soup especially because the broth is homemade and nourishing as well. You’ve heard all the rage of bone broth right? This soup as this super broth as it’s base.
Just remember when making homemade bone broth that it is important to get a really good quality chicken. This will ensure that the nutrients you are pulling are going to be from the best source and from a healthy bird.
Some of my other favorite soups for cold, blustery days are our creamy roasted tomato soup and this super easy Instant Pot hamburger soup. It’s a recipe that my mother-in-law has been making for 30 years. I just decided to give it a modern twist using the Instant Pot.
We also have a full list of gluten-free Progresso soups in case you need to stock up for those times you just need to pop a can. For the really good stuff though, be sure to try this delicious gluten-free chicken noodle soup. I also love this sweet corn soup from my friend Erin at Meaningful Eats.
Need an EASY and delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert?
Take a look at my Sheet Pan Meals and More!
Gluten-Free Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 leftover whole rotisserie chicken even if there is hardly any meat left on it
- enough water to cover the chicken
- 1 small bag 16 oz. frozen corn
- 1 small bag 16 oz. frozen peas
- 2 C baby carrots chopped into chunks
- 1 box gluten-free spiral pasta
- 1 tsp. oregeno
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. parsley
- 1 Tbls. pure lemon juice
- salt to taste
- onion salt to taste
- garlic salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Pick all the meat off the chicken you can and set aside
- Place whole leftover chicken in a large stock pot and cover with water
- Cook over medium heat 1-2 hrs. or until falling apart
- With large slotted spoons remove chicken from water (now broth) and place on a plate
- Pick chicken off again
- You should be able to get even more now (even when you thought it wasn't possible) that the bird is so soft
- Shred the chicken
- Using the slotted spoons, remove all leftover chicken skin, bones and fat from broth and discard Place shredded chicken in broth along with all other ingredients except noodles
- Let cook until veggies are soft but not falling apart
- Add noodles and cook an additional 10 minutes or until noodles are soft
If you like this, you are going to love these soups…