Take your holiday party up a notch with these delectable little gluten-free peppermint brownie bites. Each is a bite size treat that is bold in taste. These gluten-free peppermint brownie bites are full of fun holiday flavors. Chocolate, peppermint and white chocolate come together in a tasty dessert that is great for serving at holiday parties.
I wanted something big in flavor to serve at Christmas parties that could be eaten like an appetizer. Since nothing screams winter taste like peppermint, these gluten-free peppermint brownie bites are perfect. The edible pretzel toothpick makes it a fully edible appetizer so there isn’t even any garbage.
I am always trying to find new ways to serve treats at parties and gatherings. Coming up with something that is both beautiful to serve and delicious in bite size form can sometimes be a challenge. While I love serving cupcakes and cookies, I enjoy trying something new. Especially at holiday parties I want to get guests into the holiday spirit by infusing bold winter flavors like peppermint, eggnog and chocolate.
I love making truffles and cake pops because they are easy to prepare. They are also super rich so serving them in mini size is just right. For these gluten-free peppermint brownie bites, using peppermint and pretzels provide more depth of flavor. The gluten-free pretzels are used in both the batter as well as on the outside as the edible toothpicks.
While you can totally make these with homemade brownies, I like saving myself a bit of time by using a delicious gluten-free brownie mix like the one Glutino makes. Their double chocolate brownie mix is rich, decadent and super easy to make. It is also one that can easily be found at almost any grocery store.
Need an EASY and delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert?
Take a look at my Sheet Pan Meals and More!
Gluten-Free Peppermint Brownie Bites
- 1 box gluten-free brownie mix prepared (we recommend Glutino brand)
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1 can of gluten-free vanilla frosting homemade works great too
- 1/2 C gluten-free pretzels crushed
- more gluten-free pretzels for edible toothpicks
- 4-6 cubes of white almond bark
- crushed candy canes
- Preheat your oven to 350°
- Once the brownie batter is prepared but not baked, add in the peppermint extract and 1/2 C crushed pretzels
- Pour batter into a greased baking dish
- Cook according to package directions minus 3 minutes
- The brownies should be removed just barely underdone
- Let cool 10 minutes
- Scoop brownie mix into a large bowl and add the frosting
- Using your hands, mix the brownies until the frosting is well incorporated
- Then roll into 1 inch balls and place on a silicone baking mat or parchment paper
- Meanwhile, heat the almond bark over low heat
- Once completely melted, dip brownie balls into the melted white chocolate bark and place back on the silicone mat or parchment paper
- Sprinkle with crushed candy canes and stick a pretzel in the top of each
- Let cool then serve.
*Thank you to Glutino for sponsoring this post. I have received monetary compensation and/or products for this feature. I only work with brands I and my family actually enjoy. We love Glutino products and use them all the time. All opinions are completely my own.