If you’re looking for a creamy and delicious meal that’s easy to make, then you’re going to love my pulled pork pasta in the Instant Pot. It’s the perfect meal for those busy weeknights and your whole family is sure to love it.
Made in under 20 minutes with household ingredients, this recipe couldn’t be easier. Not only that, but it’s a delicious, and well balanced meal that leaves you satisfied and feeling good.
The best part about this recipe is that it uses pantry staple ingredients, so you won’t have to make a trip to the grocery store. All you need is a few simple ingredients, such as pulled pork, pasta, chicken broth, heavy cream, and some veggies. Which is similar to my instant pot chicken pasta!
Thanks to the instant pot, you’ll have this recipe on the table from start to finish in under 20 minutes. Which is perfect for those busy nights when you don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen. Plus, it’s a family favorite that’s sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
Subscribe to This Vivacious Life
Receive a free e-book of Instant Pot recipes!
Why this pulled pork pasta is the best
- This delicious pasta comes together in under 20 minutes.
- Packed with protein, healthy fats, and veggies, it’s a balanced meal the family will love.
- You can meal prep and reheat for an easy lunch or dinner the next day.
- Because it’s made in the instant pot, clean up is a breeze.
What you’ll need
- Pork – You’ll want to start off with cooked, shredded pork. Feel free to use leftover pulled pork if that’s easiest. I would not recommend swapping for chicken, beef, or another type of meat.
- Pasta – I prefer to use gluten-free pasta but you can use whatever kind you have on hand. Ronzoni pasta seems to look the best and cook the best in this recipe.
- Beans – A can of black beans adds extra protein and flavor to this creamy pasta recipe. Feel free to omit if you’re not a bean lover.
- Veggies – I like using corn, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and onion for extra flavor. You can also add bell peppers, broccoli, or your favorite vegetables.
- Broth – Chicken broth works great but feel free to swap for bone broth, beef stock, vegetable broth, etc.
- Cream – For an extra creamy and delicious pasta, heavy cream or full fat coconut cream is a must.
How to make instant pot pork pasta
Step 1: Saute
Sauté the onions and garlic in the bottom of your instant pot.
Step 2: Combine
Once the onions are tranlucent, add the rest of the ingredients and water.
Step 3: Cook
Seal the instant pot and cook on high.
Step 4: Enjoy
Do a quick pressure release and serve hot.
Pro tip: When cooking the pork, season it generously. This way, it’s packed with flavor before adding to the pasta.
Why use an instant pot?
Not only does a pressure cooker make this creamy pulled pork pasta in record time, but it also comes out perfect every time.
The pasta is al dente, it has a rich flavor, and the pork shoulder is so tender. An instant pot is much easier than a large skillet or casserole dish.
- Add some spice – If you’re someone who likes a little spice, add red pepper flakes or hot sauce to the pasta. It will balance out the creaminess of the dish.
- Barbecue sauce – What better combo than pulled pork and your favorite bbq sauce? Add a few tablespoons of smoky bbq sauce to the pasta before or after cooking to give it a barbecue spaghetti flavor.
- Try different pasta – Mixing up the pasta with different shapes is an easy way to make it more appealing and add more texture. I would stick with short, spiral like pasta shapes. Do not add spaghetti or angle hair.
- Use a slow cooker – For best results, I like to use the slow cooker or crock pot on medium heat for pork recipes. Make your pork a day or two before in the slow cooker for the perfect texture.
Storing – You can store this homemade pasta in the fridge for up to 3 days. Keep in an airtight container and reheat in the microwave for a quick and easy lunch or dinner.
Freezing – After the pasta is cooled to room temperature, place it in the freezer safe baggie or freezer containers and freeze for up to 4 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight and microwave or bake when ready to serve. This is a great way to get a weeknight dinner on the table in no time.
What to serve with instant pot pasta
Although this dish is a complete meal in itself… here are a few side dishes that pair nicely.
- Serving pork ragu with a salad bar is one of my favorite ways to make an easy dinner.
- If you’re looking for some extra veggies, try these super easy instant pot carrots.
- My sweet potato fries in the air fryer are another quick recipe that’s always a fan favorite.
- My carb lovers will love serving their pasta with homemade gluten free crescent rolls.
- Since this pulled pork mac is a complete meal, feel free to top with some parmesan cheese or cheddar cheese.
Need an EASY and delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert?
Take a look at my Sheet Pan Meals and More!
Pulled Pork Pasta (Instant Pot Option)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or bacon grease
- 1 pound cooked shredded pork (leftovers work great!)
- 12 ounces Ronzoni pasta (we use gluten-free)
- 15 ounce can of black beans
- 15 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 15 ounce can of artichoke hearts
- 15 ounce can of corn
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 6 ounces heavy whipping cream or coconut cream
- Saute onion and garlic with oil in the bottom of the Instant Pot on saute mode
- Add pasta, tomatoes, corn, black beans and artichokes then add chicken broth and enough water to cover the noodles
- Seal and cook on high for 2 minutes
- Quick release then stir in the cream and enjoy