These gluten-free peanut butter bars with chocolate peanut butter frosting are one of our family favorite desserts to make! If you want a chewy, decadent and delicious treat, these gluten-free peanut butter bars with chocolate peanut butter frosting are the best.
We love making these gluten-free peanut butter bars with chocolate peanut butter frosting because they are easy to make and are so tasty! My husband recently requested these at our family Yellowstone vacation and he isn’t gluten-free. None of his family is gluten-free either and they were a huge hit. The point is, whether you are gluten-free or not, you are going to love them!
While the chewy peanut butter bar itself is full of flavor, the chocolate peanut butter frosting is truly the gem. I dare you not to eat the frosting right out of the bowl while you are making them…
This recipe is just one of many delicious recipes found in the cookbook my mom and I published. Gluten-Free on a Budget is full of over 100+ yummy and practical gluten-free recipes that the whole family can enjoy. Of course, almost all of them have tempting photos like these too because let’s face it, who wants a cookbook with no pictures? Not me, I need to SEE what I am making to get my taste buds tempted.
Right now you can get our cookbook for only $15 right here on our website! Get your copy today and I will even write a little message inside for you. They make great gifts for friends and family as well.
Need an EASY and delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert?
Take a look at my Sheet Pan Meals and More!
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Bars with Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1/3 C almond flour
- 1/3 C brown rice flour
- 1/3 C sorghum flour
- 1/4 C teff flour
- 1/3 C tapioca starch
- 1/4 C potato starch
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 C butter
- 3/4 C sugar
- 3/4 C brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. gluten-free vanilla
- 3/4 C creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 C certified gluten-free oats
- .5 c powdered sugar
- .25 c creamy peanut butter,
- 2 t milk
- 1 c chocolate chips
- .25 c butter
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Using a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugars
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well
- Blend in peanut butter
- Combine remaining dry ingredients except oats and mix them into the cream mixture a little at a time
- Add the oats and blend well
- Spread into a large greased 10x14 baking pan
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Let cool 20 minutes or so
- To prepare the peanut butter frosting, whisk together peanut butter and milk then add in powdered sugar and mix until smooth and creamy. Spread on top of peanut butter bars
- To prepare chocolate frosting, melt the butter and chocolate chips together then drizzle on top of peanut butter frosting. Using a butter knife cut the peanut butter and chocolate frosting frosting to make a decorative pattern
- Let bars cool completely before cutting