With this pizza grilled cheese monster sandwich, kids are going to love taking home lunch to school. It is both delicious and so fun!This pizza grilled cheese monster is going to be any kids favorite lunchbox sandwich!
The kids are going to love the whimsy and fun of opening up this pizza grilled cheese monster in the lunchroom. The other kids might just try to sneak a bite!
I had so much fun making this pizza grilled cheese monster for my littles. Seeing the excitement on their face was all I needed to know I had a lunchbox hit!
We love using Canyon Bakehouse bread because it is so tasty. Truly with this bread, nobody would ever know it is gluten-free. It is my absolute favorite gluten-free bread! It is just as delicious right off the counter as it is toasted and lathered in butter.
There aren’t too many GF breads out there that you can enjoy right out of the bag. Canyon Bakehouse breads are soft, fluffy and full of flavor that everyone will love.
I love how versatile their breads are too. They can be used for savory sandwiches or for making sweet french toast.
Large slices of pepperoni make the perfect “tongue” for our monster sammie. White cheese cubes are great for “teeth”. Simply cut cucumbers and top with olives for big eyes.
This is a simple bento box lunch that will put a smile on your little ones face. It really doesn’t take too long to make and I bet they will ask for it again and again. Include some fresh fruit, more veggies and a cute little lunchbox note for a complete lunchbox experience.
Pizza Grilled Cheese Monster
- 2 slices gluten-free white bread Canyon Bakehouse is my favorite
- 4 large slices of pepperoni
- 3 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 4 slices seedless cucumber
- 2 olives sliced in half
- 1 T pizza sauce
- 2 tsp. butter
- dash of garlic salt
- Toast your bread and butter each side
- Place the first untoasted side up on a plate
- Top with 1 slice of mozzarella and 2 slices of pepperoni
- Lather on remaining pizza sauce and top with 1 slice of cheddar cheese
- Broil, toast or microwave until cheese is melted slightly
- Slice the sandwich on a diagonal into two
- With remaining slices of mozzerella cheese cut into 6 "teeth" rectangles
- Place final slices of pepperoni on top of melted cheese and pepperoni on each side of the sandwich
- Top with remaining toast after cutting it into half on the diagonal with the buttered side up
- Top each sandwich with a bit of garlic salt
- Place cheese "teeth" up under the top slice of bread
- Place the cucumber discs and olives on top for "eyes"
If you like this bento box idea, be sure to check out these as well…
Top 8 Allergen-Free Cookie Butter
*Thank you to Canyon Bakehouse for sponsoring this post. I was provided with monetary and product compensation. All opinions are my own.