These no bake gluten-free ghost cookies are literally the easiest and most tasty Halloween treat you will ever make!
Since they are not meant to be perfect, these cute little ghost cookies are great for kids to help with too.
These edible ghost cookies are boorific! We love making fun Halloween treats. Each year, I try to up my game with something even more delicious and spooky than the year before.
Our spider chocolate chip and witches finger cookies have both been a hit. However, these little guys are probably everyones favorite Halloween treat. These gluten-free pumpkin spice cake pops from Eat At Our Table are also a fun treat for the season.
Since they are no bake, you can make them in a jiffy too. We literally make these cookies within minutes.
The only thing that takes a touch more time is putting them in the refrigerator for an hour to stiffen up a bit. You can rush this process along by using the freezer for 15 minutes instead.
You can either shape the cookies into more oblong, authentic ghosts or more juvenile circle ghosts. Both shapes taste great!
So go gather the kiddos, just a few ingredients and let’s get to making the cutest little ghosts you have ever seen!We decided to do two different varieties of ghost cookies. First, we did a chocolate almond cookie using Glutino chocolate sandwich creme cookies.
Second, we went with something a bit more fitting for fall…spiced vanilla cookies.
For these we used the Glutino vanilla sandwich creme cookies. My favorite thing about these cookies is that they are so versatile.
Switch out the gluten-free almond extract with peppermint extract in the chocolate cookies and you have one decadent Christmas cookie!
Typically, we coat these cookies in white chocolate but for our little ghosts they are best with both the white chocolate or almond bark and gluten-free white fondant. Use an edible black food marker or gel to get those perfect little ghost eyes.
You can also use mini chocolate chips or black chia seeds. Get creative and make these cookies all your own. There are so many possibilities with flavor!
Everyone will love these no-bake cookies and you will love them because they only take a few minutes!
- 1 package Glutino gluten-free chocolate sandwich creme cookies
- 1 package Glutino gluten-free vanilla sandwich creme cookies
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp. gluten-free almond extract
- 1 T pumpkin pie spice
- 3 squares white almond bark
- gluten-free fondant
- Crush the vanilla cookies in your hands over a bowl and place inside
- Add 4 oz. cream cheese and pumpkin pie spice
- Mix well
- Once combined without any big cookie chunks, use your hands and roll into 2 inch ovals
- Place on a baking sheet and freeze 15 minutes or refrigerate 1 hr.
- Repeat steps 1-4 with the chocolate sandwich cookies in a clean bowl but instead of pumpkin pie spice, add the gluten-free almond extract (or another flavor you like better)
- While cookie balls are freezing or in the refrigerator, roll out your fondant
- Using a 4 inch biscuit cutter, cut out the same amount of rounds as are cookie balls
- Remove cookies from freezer or refrigerator and dip each in melted almond bark
- Let them sit 2-3 minutes or until a bit hardened
- Using your hands, stretch each round on fondant slightly creating a ghost sheet looking piece
- Lay fondant gently over the standing up oval cookie balls
- Draw on eyes with your edible food marker
Feel free to add any extra to these cookies to make the flavor more festive. You can try peppermint, pumpkin spice or coconut. Just make sure to use gluten-free extract.
Original photos from the post that went live September 28, 2017.
*This is a sponsored post which means I have received monetary and/or product compensation from Glutino. I only work with brands I and my family actually enjoy. All opinions are completely my own.