This gluten-free pumpkin pie cream delight is one of my new favorite fall recipes. It’s bursting with harvest flavors that everyone will love.
Desserts like this gluten-free pumpkin pie cream delight or some of my favorite. They are great for a crowd because they are easy to make and serve.
If you’re looking for the perfect fall dessert this gluten-free pumpkin pie cream delight is a great choice. It has all the best warm culinary flavors like allspice, cinnamon & pumpkin. I personally love that you can make it with very few pans making clean up a snap. And since the fall of means lots of family and friends gatherings, this dessert is great to take in one pan with just a spatula for serving.
As a kid pistachio cream delight was one of my favorite desserts. I requested it often and have loved the different varieties my mom has made over the years. She’s done everything from lemon to banana simply by changing up her homemade pudding recipe. You’ve never had homemade pudding you say? It truly is incredible and so easy to make! The store-bought just won’t cut it once you’ve tried our recipe.
Since fall always reminds me of pumpkin, I love thinking of new and fresh desserts using fresh or canned pumpkin. Of course, I also have to use my favorite spices like cinnamon and allspice. For this gluten-free pumpkin pie cream delight I changed up the crust which is traditionally made completely from scratch. I wanted to save you guys a few steps and decided to use Walkers gluten-free butter shortbread. These rounds are perfect for making this dessert. Both the rich buttery taste and the nice crunch make the recipe much easier.
Walkers gluten-free shortbread is the only brand out there that is truly authentic in my opinion. Other brands have tried to make a gluten-free shortbread but it just doesn’t have that crisp texture and real buttery flavor that Scotland shortbread has. They have three gluten-free varieties including chocolate chip, traditional butter and ginger lemon. We’ve made a lot of great recipes using all three. Some of my favorite include our pecan pie bars, eggnog tart with chocolate chip shortbread crust and gluten-free almond cherry cheesecake.
Need an EASY and delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert?
Take a look at my Sheet Pan Meals and More!
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie Cream Delight
- 2 boxes Walkers gluten-free pure butter shortbread
- 6 T butter
- 2 C heavy cream
- 2 C whole milk
- 3/4 C brown sugar
- 2 T butter
- 1 C pure canned pumpkin
- 1/2 C sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 6 T cornstarch
- 1 T cinnamon
- 1 tsp. allspice
- 2 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- *Be sure to make your pudding layer first so it has time to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a medium sauce pan combine 2 cups cream, 1 cup milk, 3/4 cup brown sugar, butter, pumpkin, cinnamon and allspice
- Heat until butter is melted and milk a slightly scalded
- In another bowl, whisk together egg yolks and 1/3 cup sugar
- Slowly add this mixture to the hot mixture, whisking lightly
- Continue cooking for 10 to 15 minutes on a low heat until mixture starts to thicken a bit
- Mix reserved milk and corn starch together
- Add to the hot milk mixture, whisking constantly
- Intermittently whisk as mixture continues to cook for the next 5 to 10 minutes
- When pudding has thickened, remove from heat
- Cover with plastic wrap to avoid skimming and place in refrigerator to cool what you were making the other layers
- When cooled, pour over the cream cheese layer
- Place all the butter shortbread cookies in a food processor and pulse until crumbs are made
- Combine 6 tablespoons melted butter with cookie crumbs then press into a 9 x 13 pan
- Bake for 15 minutes then remove from oven and let cool
- In your stand mixer or a large bowl, whip 1 pint of heavy cream with half cup powdered sugar until stiff peaks form
- Remove one cup to use in the cream cheese layer
- Reserve the remainder to top the dessert
- Cut the cream cheese into small pieces
- Add powdered sugar a little at a time into the cream cheese while you were mixing
- When powdered sugar and cream cheese are blended smooth, fold in 1 cup of whipped cream
- Spread this layer on top of the cool crust
- Next spread the cooled pumpkin pudding over the cream cheese layer and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 to 3 hours
- When you're ready to serve, top with reserved whip cream then sprinkle the whole thing with cinnamon or nutmeg
If you love this pumpkin dessert, why not give these a try…
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Donuts
*Thank you to Walkers we’re sponsoring this post. I was provided with monetary and product compensation.