These gluten-free apple cider cupcakes are abundant in warm fall flavors like cinnamon and apple. They are perfect for any harvest gathering.
This post is created in partnership with Glutino
Each bite of these gluten-free apple cider cupcakes is like a explosion of autumn flavors. Nobody would ever guess they are gluten-free!
You guys are going to love these gluten-free apple cider cupcakes. One of my favorite things to do during the cooler months of fall is to bake.
I don’t just want to bake anything though. No, I want to bake treats and bread loafs full of cozy fall flavors like cinnamon, cloves, apple and nutmeg.
Similar flavors to our chocolate dipped pumpkin spice donuts. These gluten-free apple cider cupcakes totally take the cake (no pun intended) and leave me feeling ready for leaf jumping and cider sipping!
While I typically love gifting friends with spiced zucchini bread this time of year, I wanted to change it up.
Cupcakes are great for my friends with kids and at gatherings because they are so much easier to serve. I also love getting creative with the cupcake liners we use and packaging.
I am a big fan of single cupcake boxes tied in rustic twine and a cute kraft label. These thankful tags were found at one of my favorite places…the dollar spot in Target.
I love that they are both affordable and so cute. They really take the gift to the next level by providing text in a gorgeous foil print that I couldn’t create on my own.
My favorite thing about this recipe is that it can be made semi-homemade which totally saves you time in the kitchen.
I don’t know about all of you but with the holiday season just weeks away, I want to save my “baking from scratch” energy until then. I promise you though, nobody will ever know the difference.
Good news, if you like to bake from scratch all year around. We have a variation that includes a from scratch cake mix. Glutino brand products make it tough for even the most avid gluten eater to tell the difference.
These gluten-free apple cider cupcakes are going to be your new favorite fall dessert! They are always a crowd pleaser and nobody even knows they are gluten-free.
- 1 (15 oz) bag gluten-free yellow cake mix (OR 2 1/4 C all-purpose gluten-free flour-Glutino brand works fabulously, 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. baking soda, 3 tsp. baking powder, 1 tsp. xanthan gum, 1 1/4 C sugar)
- 1/4 C butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 C real apple cider (not from concentrate), divided
- 1 T cinnamon
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 2 T butter
- 2 C powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350° and prepare cupcake pan with baking cups
- In a stand mixer, combine cake mix (or the homemade GF cake mix listed above), eggs, butter, 1 T cinnamon and 1/2 C apple cider together and mix well
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean
- While the cupcakes are baking, prepare the frosting by beating cream cheese and butter until fluffy
- Mix in 1/3 C apple cider and 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar. *If it is too thick, add more powdered sugar slowly
- After the cupcakes have cooled, top with apple cider frosting and a sprinkling more of cinnamon
Using real cider rather than just apple juice gives it a stronger flavor I feel like. If you can’t find it, apple juice will do.
Keywords: gluten-free, easy dessert recipe, fall recipe
If you like this recipe, you are going to love these other fall flavor treats…
*This is a sponsored post by Glutino. I was provided with monetary compensation and products. Opinions are all my own and truly reflective of how we feel about these products. We love Glutino brand and use their products ALL the time! 🙂
*Originally published September 2016