This crockpot apple cider has only a few simple ingredients and steps to deliciousness. It is so easy to use to create your favorite mocktail, too. Plus, it makes your house smell incredible!
This is a delicious mocktail that takes very little effort and makes enough for a crowd. It only has a few simple ingredients and instructions too so really anyone can make it.
Not only that, but all the warm spices and apples make your house smell amazing!
What spices are best for making cider?
For a traditional apple cider, allspice, cloves and cinnamon are best. You can certainly spice it up a bit more with one star anise but I am not a big fan.
Ingredients you will need
- cinnamon stick (like we use in our non alcoholic mulled wine )
- brown sugar or brown sugar simple syrup
- apple cider
- red apple
How to make it
Put juice, sugar and cinnamon sticks in a crockpot or slow cooker
- Place remaining spice in a cheesecloth or just loose in the cider
Cover and cook on low 2-4 hours
Pro Tip: Don’t overcook the spices in the cider or it will taste bitter
Subscribe to This Vivacious Life
Receive a free e-book of Instant Pot recipes!
Remove spice bag or loose spices before serving
Garnish with apple slices and cinnamon sticks before serving (optional)
Can you reheat it in your crockpot?
You can absolutely keep reheating this delicious mocktail until it’s gone by turning your crockpot or slow cooker on low, or high if you are in a hurry.
Other mocktails that use non-alcoholic wine and spirits…
I love using 0.0% wine and spirits in a variety of mocktails! Our Thanksgiving punch recipes non alcoholic and our non alcoholic mulled wine are delicious. Here are some of my other favorites…
- Mimosa Mocktail
- Virgin Margarita
- Non-Alcoholic Prosecco Drink
- Non-Alcoholic Gin and Tonic
- Fresh Raspberry Mocktail
I always 0.0 to ensure they are truly alcohol free. Many “non-alcoholic” options out there still have .07% by volume…a big difference from 0.0%!
Other mocktails without wine or spirits
- Virgin Strawberry Mocktail
- Candy Cane Martini Christmas Mocktail
- Smoking Halloween Drinks Non-Alcoholic
- Non-Alcoholic White Russian
- Grapefruit Mocktail
- BEST Thanksgiving Drinks Non-Alcoholic
- Cranberry Mocktail
- Non-Alcoholic Bloody Mary Mocktail
- Blackberry Lemonade
- Lavender Lemonade
- Gingerbread Martini Mocktail
And we have some amazing roundups from other bloggers as well in our Christmas mocktails, Halloween Mocktails, Thanksgiving mocktails, summer mocktails, Mother’s Day mocktails and 4th of July drinks!
If mocktail making is new to you, don’t worry, we show you how to make the prefect mocktaileverytime!
Need an EASY and delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert?
Take a look at my Sheet Pan Meals and More!
NEED MORE GOODNESS? Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter for great recipes, entertaining ideas and more!
Crockpot Apple Cider
- 1 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp. whole cloves
- 1 tsp. whole allspice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 quarts apple cider or juice
- 1 red apple (optional garnish)
- Put juice, sugar and cinnamon sticks in a crock pot or slow cooker
- Put all spices in a cheesecloth or just directly into the crockpot
- Cover and cook on low 2-4 hours
- Remove spice bag or loose spices before serving
- Garnish with apple slices and cinnamon sticks (optional)
*This post was originally published on November 14, 2009 as slow cooker apple cider. It was updated on September 16, 2019 with a new title but same recipe, photos, more concise directions, tips and tricks.
I made this so many times this winter and am finally leaving a comment! It is so delicious and makes my home smell lovely too 🙂