This gluten-free shake n’ bake chicken is a new family favorite over here. We love the crunchy crust combined with the great combination of flavors. Our gluten-free shake n’ bake chicken is delicious and super easy to make. It is an excellent dinner especially on weeknights when you are in a rush.
Weeknight dinners are my biggest challenge but now with this gluten-free shake n’ bake chicken, I’ve got an easy meal. Having an easy meal isn’t everything though, my kids (and hubby who is almost as picky) need to like what I make. These chicken strips seem like a treat especially when paired with homemade french fries. I like to serve them up with classic ranch or fry sauce but whatever you like works. Just like old school Shake n’ Bake type chicken, you simply shake this mixture in a gallon size bag then bake. It couldn’t be easier to whip up and really doesn’t take much time at all to make.
You can make this recipe with chicken tenders or chicken breast. You can even take it up a notch by stuffing the chicken breasts with some Boursin cheese or sour cream and chives then securing before shaking in the bag. Another reason I love this recipe is because it is full of fiber and good carbs. The Bakery on Main granola is a product of multigrain & bean crisps made with corn, brown rice, ancient grains, and navy beans which are then toasted with sunflower, sesame, and flax seeds. It is a certified gluten-free, NON-GMO Project Verified, and oat-free granola.
While most people would think this granola is limited to being served as a sweet breakfast cereal. I like to find other ways to use great products like this though. Like when we used Bakery on Main muesli in our smoky chipotle & peach meatballs. This gluten-free shake n’ bake chicken seemed like the perfect way to use the granola in an innovation new way.
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 2 C Bakery on Main Cranberry Cashew with Natural Orange Flavor Granola
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Pulse 2 C cereal in blender until a fine crumb
- Add the cereal, pepper, garlic salt and thyme in a gallon ziploc bag
- Dip the chicken tenders in egg whites then add them to the ziploc bag
- Shake the chicken in the bag until completely coated
- Place on a greased baking sheet and bake 20 minutes
- *If using chicken breasts, bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cooked all the way through
Bakery on Main is available in a variety of delicious bake shop flavors…
- Cranberry almond maple
- Cranberry cashew with natural orange flavor (what we used in this recipe)
- Extreme nut and fruit
- Tropical nutty banana
- Walnut raisin apple *Thank you to Bakery on Main for sponsoring this post. I was provided with monetary and product compensation. All opinions are my own.