This ham n’ cheese potato casserole with pretzel crust is a nostalgic favorite with a little protein added.
If you need a good use for your thanksgiving leftovers, this ham n’ cheese potato casserole with pretzel crust is excellent!
I love making this ham n’ cheese potato casserole pretzel crust. It helps me use my leftover Thanksgiving ham in a fun new way. If you’re anywhere in the western states, then you’ve heard of funeral or yummy potatoes before. This takes that classic favorite and ups the flavor and protein. Plus, you don’t have to use that old standby cornflake crust that was never one of my favorites. This buttery pretzel crust will have you never looking back.
Growing up, my mom used to make yummy potatoes very similar to this and they were always my favorite. The great thing about this ham n’ cheese potato casserole with buttery pretzel crust is that the protein is baked right in to the dish. The potatoes and ham marry perfectly together too.
- 2 (16 oz.) bags gluten-free hashbrowns
- 1 C leftover cooked ham, diced
- 1 (12 oz.) box gluten-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 C gluten-free sour cream
- 2 C cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/4 tsp. Real Salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 4 T butter, melted and divided
- 1 1/2 C Glutino pretzels, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- In a frying pan, cook onions in 2 T butter until white and translucent
- In a bowl, combine cream of chicken soup, sour cream, cheese, salt & pepper
- Mix sour cream mix, hashbrowns, ham and onions in a 9×13 baking pan
- Top the potatoes with gluten-free Glutino pretzels and 2 T melted butter
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes
If you love this recipe, be sure to try some of these other Thanksgiving leftover recipes…
*Thanks to Glutino for sponsoring this post. I was provided with monetary and product compensation. All opinions are my own.