These turkey, corn and cream cheese fried gluten-free flautas are a fantastic meal to make with your Thanksgiving leftovers.I love these turkey, corn and cream cheese fried gluten-free flautas because I can use leftover turkey from the big day but change up the flavor profile.
You guys are going to love these turkey, corn and cream cheese fried gluten-free flautas. They are a family favorite and can be made in minutes. While you could totally fry them in an inch or two of oil in the pan, I personally love my deep fryer! If you’re healthy person it seems like a purchase you wouldn’t want to make. Believe me though, it’s totally worth it. We made the investment and filled ours with coconut oil. We love making homemade french fries that only have three ingredients: potato, coconut oil and salt.
There’s a funny thing about Thanksgiving leftovers… If you guys are like us then you probably eat what you made for the first couple days. Then you start making things with the same flavor profile but used in a different way. Things like casseroles or even our tasty turkey, cranberry and Brie bread pudding. After a few days though, you are ready for something that tastes different. However, you probably still have lots of turkey left over. That’s when this turkey, corn and cream cheese fried gluten-free flautas recipe comes in handy. The combination of these ingredients along with a little cumin and some green chilies make for a spicy turkey dish that nobody would ever know started from leftovers.
The best part is that after cooking a bunch for Thanksgiving you don’t have to spend much time on these. They go great with our spicy white queso too.Print
- 1 1/2 C leftover cooked turkey, shredded
- 1 1/2 C frozen corn
- 8 oz. Cream cheese
- 4 T Glutino all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cans green chilies
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. onion salt
- 1/2 C milk, divided
- 1 package gluten-free flour tortillas (make sure they’re soft so you can roll them)
- 1 C coconut oil or deep fryer filled with oil
- 8 oz. white cheddar cheese
- 4 oz. Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 T butter
- In a sauce pan, combine one can green chilies, cream cheese, corn, turkey, 2 T Glutino all-purpose flour, cumin, onion salt & 1/4 C milk and cook over low to medium heat until cream cheese has softened and mixture is spreadable
- In another sauce pan combine white cheddar, Monterey Jack cheese, 2 T Glutino all-purpose flour, one can green chilies, butter and milk
- Whisk well and cook over low medium heat until smooth and hot
- Meanwhile, heat your oil until 300°
- Place 3 tablespoons cream cheese and corn mixture in each tortilla and spread
- Starting at one end of the tortilla roll it up and secure with a toothpick
- Place in hot oil and fry one minute on each side
- Remove from oil and place on a paper towel lined plate to let excess grease drip off
- Serve warm with hot spicy white queso
Glutino’s all-purpose flour works fantastic in this recipe to thicken the filling so it doesn’t ooze out while being fried. I love how versatile it is to work with! I have used it to make baked goods like our gluten-free apple cider cupcakes and it’s great for making a roux.
If you love this recipe you’re going to love these…
Ham n’ Cheese Potato Casserole with Pretzel Crust
*Thank you to Glutino for sponsoring this post. I was provided with monetary and product compensation. All opinions are my own.