You guys are going to love the big holiday flavors of these gluten-free candy cane cupcakes. The kids and grown ups with both love them. These gluten-free candy cane cupcakes are soft, fluffy and so full of holiday flavors. They are a great holiday dessert for your next Christmas party.
I just love whipping up these gluten-free candy cane cupcakes because they are so full of flavors that POP but can be made in a snap. I’m a huge fan of semi-homemade cakes and cupcakes because anybody can create them. By taking a basic cake mix and elevating it with more delicious flavors, you can really wow your guests.
My little guy loves to make treats but cupcakes or one of his favorites. During the holidays I find these candy cane cupcakes are both easy to whip up and so delicious. The whole family will love them. The best part is that the ingredients are so simple that the kids can definitely help in the kitchen.
These are also make a great gift for neighbors and teachers. They look like they came right out of the cupcake shop but they’re super simple to prepare.
I love using Better Batter yellow cake mix because the flavor and texture are spot on. Nobody ever needs to know that they are gluten-free. They also have an array of other delicious products including an all-purpose flour that’s great for making your favorite recipes. Their chocolate cake and pancake mix are also tasty.
- 1 box gluten-free yellow cake mix prepared according to directions (we used Better Batter brand)
- 1/3 C crushed candy canes
- 1 tsp. gluten-free peppermint extract, divided
- 1 T red and green sprinkles
- 1/2 C butter
- 3 C powdered sugar
- More crushed candy canes and sprinkles for garnish
- Preheat oven to the temperature listed on your gluten-free cake mix
- Prepare the cake mix according to box directions
- Add 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract and mix well
- Fold in crushed candy canes and sprinkles
- Place cake mix in cupcake liners and bake according to cake mix directions
- Meanwhile, prepare frosting by whipping butter, 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract and powdered sugar until soft and fluffy (about 2 minutes)
- Once cupcakes have cooled, pipe frosting on top of each and top with more crushed candy canes and sprinkles
*Thank you to Better Batter for sponsoring this post. I was provided with monetary and product compensation. All opinions are my own.